Casa de La Sirena
US$212
US$206
US$278
Present Moment Retreat(Troncones)(Great Value!)
US$312
Travelocity
US$118
US$114
US$170
Hacienda Eden(Troncones)
Mi Casa Es Su Casa(Troncones)
Hotel Los Suenos(Troncones)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsprivate villaopen air kitchenlocal restaurants arefavorite vacationsoaking up the sunevery morningocean frontrelaxing vacationshrimprental carclose to townturtle releaseclean poolfelt safeother guestsshort driveown meals
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2008

My husband and I took my 92 year old mother and her 91 year friend for a week long vacation at Casa de la Sirena. We were overwhelmed by the lovely accomodations, the service and the food. They made sure that our two elderly guests were on the bottom floor, with a fantastic view of the beautiful pool and the ocean. Eventhough it was rather warm and humid, the air conditioners kept us cool when we were sleeping. The grounds are gorgeous, very well manicured, with beautiful flowers and swaying palm trees. We hired their cook to prepare our meals, a light breakfast, usually fresh fruit, coffee and different egg dishes and dinner, which was a variety of Mexican cuisine. They sure know how to cook. The local restaurants are very close and were excellent as well. They tried their very best to accomodate our requests in food and sight seeing. We were able to arrange a private tour of Zihautanejo and some very beautiful homes. It was a great trip! One my mother and her friend will never forget. Thank you to the gracious owners and all their staff. Gracias!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2008

I arrived at 9pm at the airport in Zihuatenejo, nervous about finding the right taxi to get to Troncones. I turned a corner and here's a guy asking my destination. I said Casa de la Sirena and he said, "Mike and Debbie (owners), right? " and pointed me to where to pay a fixed price at a booth and on to a row of taxis where he picked out a guy who knew the way in the dark. Our 2 story bungalow was ready, with a meal waiting in the refrigerator, prepared by Rena the cook for a very reasonable fee. The sun came up to show us a spectacular beach, with huge waves pounding in and thousands of sea birds in a Pacific 'symphony" that I can remember and feel as I write. You see few people on the beach. It is a service intensive experience with daily thorough maid service...important to keep things clean to avoid bugs in this climate and we were bug free. The facility is essentially new stucco, classic Mexican design and it is lovely. They put effort into making it really nice...warm smooth masonry under foot and hand as you move about the compound. We felt lucky to have stumbled onto the site on the internet. Indeed, we met folks up the beach who lamented being unable to secure reservations at Casa de la Sirena....felt luckier still. Humberto, the owner's right hand man is always available, willing and gets things done re beverages, food, local travel, anything. All the locals were warm and friendly. We felt safe day and night walking the dirt road behind the compound to any of several great restaurants. We shopped locally for alcohol and basics (redundant, I guess). We had several meals prepared for our group of four by Rena, from lobsters to chicken enchiladas and the meals were really good...always with fresh guacamole and salsa with leftovers for lunch the next day. The owners happened to be there during our 7 day stay and we were glad of it....extremely nice and helpful. The grounds are a garden with a nice, clean pool we spent more time in than I would have predicted. The ocean was truly too rough for swimming last February. A hike or cheap van ride north up the shore brings you to a safe cove for swimming. Some folks swam in front on our beach. We just played it a bit safer. We took the local bus into Zihua for $1.50 and looked around, but Troncones was certainly closer to what i hoped for and got. As our taxi driver said on the way to the airport, "Troncones es mas tranquilo." Tranquil? Absolutely. Quiet, but not without local color that enriched my experience. It is rural on the other side of the street behind. A rooster in the distance, burros, pigs, turkeys, iguanas all seen on the short walk into town...and the local kids off to school, workers off to work in the minivans that shuttled up and down the Troncones strip every 20 minutes or so. Ice cream, bottled gas, vegetables, fresh fish, all offered from locals that pass by on the road at predictable intervals...Humberto knows. I had a fantastic time, enjoyed the other guests, and feel it was really worth the money...a great deal. I can't wait to get back and do it again.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vanagone
Reviewed 30 July 2008

My family has been visiting Troncones for the past few years and we always drove by Casa de la Sirena and looked in at the grounds with a longing to stay there. This past July, our wish came through when we rented the whole property for a week to enjoy a high school reunion with friends and family. To say that the experience was wonderful would not do it justice...this property is a true gem located in a lush tropical paradise. Not only are the installations first class and extremely well maintained, but the staff was so very accomodating and always willing to go the extra step. Even with a large group, there is plenty of space to find somewhere to get away and relax. The rooms are beautifully decorated and each has it's own charm. There was plenty of kitchen space for those nights when we whipped up some fresh lobster, red snapper and shrimp. The only bad thing about it was...having to leave! My family is already looking forward to the next time we can get back and escape to this paradise!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2008

A large group of friends and I stayed at Casa De La Sirena for week in May. We rented the whole complex. Once you walk thru the back gate into the compound you feel like you are part of the rich and famous. Words cannot explain how nice the complex is. We hired a cook for a 2 nights to come in and cook dinner. The best shrimp and guacamole I ever had. We had a great time, exploring the other beaches and got lost in the coconut groves. A few of us took off for a day trip to Patzcuaro(3 /12 hour drive) and Santa Clara Del Cobre. We bought copper sinks and Mexican Art. A long drive but worth the trip. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation with the beach at your door, this is the place. The restuarants are great and the people are nice. You will have a great time.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2008

I have been meaning to write this post for almost a year. We had the most beautiful wedding ceremony and reception at Casa de la Sirena last October. Everything was absolute perfection.

The seaside ceremony included formal seating for 73 of our friends and family members, a mariachi band greeted us upon "I DO" and that was followed with a fabulaous dinner and dancing until way after midnight to a small band the owners had brought in from Ixtapa.

The accomodations here are absolutely 5 star, the grounds simply amazing and we loved the en suite spa service available every day. We hired a cook for the week and it was a great way to go. The place is so perfect that once you are ensconced behind those walls, you just don't want to leave the compound.

We stayed an additional week for our honeymoon in the top floor mini villa. Total seclusion.

The whole resort makes you feel like you are staying in someone's very special home and the attention to detail is amazing.

We hope to return at least every other year to Sirena.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family