“Best family run hostel I have stayed in”
Review of Hospedaje Oceano

and 1 more site!
Hospedaje Oceano
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Huanchaco
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This little hostel is awesome.
We found it by wandering the streets.
We had checked into My Friends hostel in the next street at first, but when we did we found My Friends to be dirty, I didn't want to stay there. So we were delighted when we found a room here.
In fact so delighted we stayed here 4 nights.
It is one street from the beach.
We could see the ocean from the window.
It is SUPER CLEAN.
It has a kitchen, so I could cook - yeah!
The family are quiet, and caring, and when my son had an upset stomach, Hope (the wife) advised me on which tea to make him.
Carlos is a passionate chef and runs a great little and affordable restaurant downstairs too.
It is a small hostel.
I cannot fault this place.
I would recommend it and give it 5 stars.
I think their short change themselves and could charge more for the private rooms - at least 10 Soles more. It is a bargain.
Oh and did I mention nice fluffy white towels, room cleaned daily, soap, soft fresh sheets and a lovely mattress and pillows.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hospedaje Oceano

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Didn't stay at the hostal... Only ate at the restaurant. Had the pan triple and was sooooo good! The jugo de piña was delishhh. Good price, even on a Peruvian budget. Will come back again. Quietly located one block from the ocean. It's nice to be chill.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Living in the Cordillera Blanca in Peru I have many opportunites to take a trip to the beach. I prefer Huanchaco. I have stayed in The Oceano many times. Carlos and his family are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are quiet and clean. It doesnt matter what time your bus rolls into Trujillo, Carlos will always be there to open the door and if there is a room available you are able to take it and not pay for the extra morning. Need a place to store your things because you only have 10 hours between buses? The Oceano will store and you can hangout in the lobby between your trips to the beach for a small charge. The family also sells cremoladas that are to die for. The cafe should also be open soon.
Cant wait to return next december. Enjoy!
Cecilia Hirt de Huaraz

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street have small view of the ocean and park across is across the street.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I can give this small hostel only the best grades for everything. You won't fine better value for money, I would have easily paid double the price. Close to the beach, clean, quiet, friendly, very helpful owners. Nothing more your could wish for!

Room Tip: rooms with view are the best
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

This hostel is one of the best we've come across during our travels in Peru. Alberto and his wife made us feel at home during our stay. Our room was very well put together -- clean and with cute decor. The location of the hostel is a 2 minute walk to the ocean. The best part about the hostel is the clean and well-equiped kitchen. Definitely stay here while visiting Trujillo!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This place is an excellent choice for accommodation in huanchaco. The rooms are very nice and super clean, the hosts are extremely nice, helpful and kind and its just steps from the beach and Main Street. Don't hesitate and Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huanchaco
Naylamp
#2 of 11 in Huanchaco
Casa Fresh
Casa Fresh
#3 of 37 in Huanchaco

Been to Hospedaje Oceano? Share your experiences!