Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
JACKAMY27

Out two border collies had a great tome at Hatchers’.

Review of Hatcher's Manor
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 May 2024
A good destination if you are travelling with dogs . My friend and I were road tripping with two border collies and it wasn't easy finding pet friendly accomodation . We booked the two bedroom cottage which was perfect for our needs .
Whilst the furnishings were dated ( think ‘80’s ) and the sheets and towels thin it was all more than adequate for a 2 night stay . We were blessed with sunshine so we could sit out on the outdoor chairs and watch the dogs play . . It was also a great base from which to explore Richmond and its surrounds.
At night we were very cosy - the heating worked well and the shower was hot . Jeanette and Colin and other family members were very friendly and accomodating. - even to cooking us a home. cooked meal in the restaurant .
Date of stay: May 2024
    1.3 miles from Hatcher's Manor
    1.5 miles from Hatcher's Manor
    Restaurant
    View more hotels in Richmond
    All reviews four poster bed old style wonderful place short drive jeanette farm tasmania orchard ducks
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 16 March 2024 via mobile

Hatchers Richmond Manor sounded so grand and we had high expectations of it. Our accommodation was described as a self contained apartment. Stupidly we neglected to read all the reviews. While the exterior of the buildings and the setting are impressive our experience was very different. In our apartment one of the 2 chairs was broken and the other chair was unstable. While the bed was comfortable there was no wardrobe in the apartment. The kitchen facilities were totally inadequate. There was only one saucepan for cooking on a portable 2 burner electric cooker. The saucepan’s handle was dangerously loose and the cooker very slow. The toaster was old and its dials were dirty. The lighting in the bedroom was very poor. A very small jug of milk was provided which was inadequate. There was no scourer. Internet was not working. The TV was old and blurry. We had paid for breakfast in the restaurant. The bacon and eggs were generous and tasty. The coffee was undrinkable and served in cups that appeared dirty with excess liquid slopped on sides of the cups and saucers. It is worst accommodation we have stayed at for a long time and it was expensive.

Room tip: Avoid this venue
    Date of stay: March 2024
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 4 March 2024

We agree 100% with all the recent comments posted. This was our last 2 night stay in Tasmania after three weeks of travelling round the island. We are an elderly couple from the UK and this was by far the worst of all the 11 places we stayed in on our holiday. We had no complaints about any of the others.

We were in the cottage which wasn’t clean, flies on all the windows and dead flies in the bath which weren’t removed . Issues with the bathroom as previously mentioned .The dining room was also unclean and the presentation of breakfast was pathetic and the attitude of the service was ‘take it or leave it’. I had to bring attention to an unclean cup but there was no apology, the orange juice was off, and when I asked if there was an alternative jam to apricot I was given an old jar with remnants of jam at the bottom. I could go on.

The worse problem was that every movement on the floor above was heard by us below. There is no sound proofing. The occupants inexplicably walked the floor backwards and forwards for 1.5 hours on our first morning so we were awoken at 6am and had no sleep afterwards . No one should be using this room with occupants above. We complained about this and it was passed off by saying it had to be used because they were full! They obviously knew about the problem and had done for years.

This ‘pseudo Gothic ‘ establishment has false illusions of grandeur but it is run on a shoe string and is not manintained or cared for.
    We had hoped for a memorable last stay on our trip but it was memorable for the wrong reasons. Fortunately we were saved from eating in the dining room as the cook was ill so we went to the Richmond Arms and had a thoroughly good meal and an enjoyable time with the many locals there.

Do not stay at Hatchers!

Room tip: Do not go
    Date of stay: February 2024
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 7 January 2024

I always enjoy my visits to Hatchers Manor. They offer reasonably priced accommodation and are close to most attractions and services down south that I need.
    The rooms are comfortable, functional and it is such a wonderfully quiet location; I always sleep really well.
    The manor has a restaurant or BBQ facilities if you want to cook your own and the owners are very friendly and helpful. We were joined at the alfresco dining by the manor's 2 dogs and a very bold chicken.
    Will book again and enjoy it.

Date of stay: December 2023
    Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Reviewed 7 January 2024

We stayed in the Gypsy Vardo room! It's a converted Horse Drawn carriage and though tiny, it was one of the best stays we've ever had! The price was excellent for the night and the place is pet friendly!! Such a bonus!!

The Owner was welcoming with good old fashioned service!

We'll stay here again for sure!

What a hidden gem!🙏❤️

Room tip: This is value based accommodation!!
    Date of stay: January 2024
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 17 November 2023

This place should not be receiving paying customers.
    The administration is shambolic. I had booked over the phone to explain exactly what accommodation I needed and as I was travelling with another historical researcher and we doing research on the original owner of the property. I received no confirmation. When I rang I was told I was booked into a two bedroom cottage as just I had requested but this was not what I was given when I arrived which was a small cottage containing one room with two queen sized beds. I was then given connecting rooms that were not properly cleaned: dirty carpet; lots of dust; hair in the shower and washbasin; the bathroom drains smelled; towels stained and threadbare. Air con didn't work neither did the TV. The property no way resembled the description on the website. It was horrible.

Room tip: Just dont go there
    Date of stay: November 2023