“Lovely setting, mediocre food”
Review of Richmond Food and Wine Centre - CLOSED

Richmond Food and Wine Centre
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely setting, mediocre food”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

A public holiday saw this place buzzing with customers. We were lucky to get an outside table in the lovely garden. It took too long for our table to be cleared and we had to wait a considerable time for lunch to arrive. My salmon quiche was very bland but pleasant enough. The accompanying salad was almost all leaves and very little else. My wife had quail salad. She found the quail delicious but the salad, different to mine, was disappointing. They should be commended for a very good selection of Tassie wines by the glass.

Visited March 2014

Hobart, Australia
“Sauce or no sauce”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

I had the fish of the day my Friend ordered the same.. Wasn't asked if we wanted drinks and didn't offer table water, when our meals arrived I asked for some tomato sauce and the waitress looked at me and in a very condescending tone said " oh, do you really want that" my personal taste isn't of your concern you rude bimbo... Clearly not a trained waitress just some local slapped up from the street

Hobart, Australia
“Packing up while we ate”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Party of 6 booked in at 7pm on a Friday night for dinner. Ordered a bottle of wine off the wine list which they had run out of, so ordered a different one, was told it was 'Not the most popular choice, I've heard it's not very nice'. Appreciated the honesty but wondered why they stock it.
While eating our mains the other tables were being moved aside and the floor was mopped, and didn't see the wait staff after mains plates were cleared, guessing dessert and/or a second drink were not on the cards for us!
The only saving grace was that the food was nice.
Won't be recommending or going back.

Melbourne
“Great, friendly service, good food, lovely outdoor seating.”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I really liked this place for lunch. The service was particularly friendly and efficient. The food was great. We had the meat platter which was perfect and priced OK. Very helpful with gluten free options, although not marked on the menu. This is NOT a fussy place: plain tables and chairs, but I like that. Toilets were clean and new and easily accessed. We would have eaten outside if it was not raining. Service was so good, they cam running after us when we left a jacket behind!

Las Vegas, New Mexico
“Not too impressed”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Pleasant place, nice courtyard, pleasant wait staff. A little disappointing, however, that my cheese plate consisted of supermarket cheeses, especially when there are some really good local cheeses around. Everything looked pretty, but was of very inferior quality compared to some of the wineries we have experienced. My husband's salmon was rather good however. Perhaps I chose the wrong dish, but definitely ranks with more casual cafes, not fine dining.