“BLAND FOOD”

Country Cupboard Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Jamesport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We ate dinner there my husband ordered chicken fried chicken, it is my favorite food and we were in the South soooo I thought it would knock my socks off NOT. There was an extreme amount of food on the plate but when I tasted it the white gravy was awful no taste the chicken fried steak was processed and the mashed potatoes were from a BOX (YUCK). Our sons and daughter-in-laws food was no better they served fruit but it was frozen so my one yr old Grand-daughter would not eat it. SORRY but I would not return.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

It was mediocre at best. We were overlooked. The waitress was distracted and somewhat rude. We had to move once, due to heavy smokers at the next table.

1  Thank Claudia H
Reviewed 17 September 2013

As mentioned there are not a lot of choices in Jamestown, but we were very pleased with the service and the food. Friends that live in the area advised us to get there early on Sunday because it gets very busy. Good advice. We made sure we were there before noon and by the time we left there was a line at the front door. I had the pork tenderloin special and it was great. Haven't had canned peas in years, but certainly didn't mind. Lovely mashed potatoes, and dessert. My husband had the pattymelt and was quite pleased. We were puzzled by the smoking rules, on Sunday there seemed to not be ashtrays or smoking at lunch. When we went back for dinner both front rooms had smokers and at our request we were moved to a smoke-free back room. It would seem to make more sense to have the first room smokefree so customers didn't have to walk through all the smoke.
The prices here are so reasonable you can easily forgive some inconvenience.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This place is inexpensive, authentic and awesome. The meatloaf special big and delicious, but I'll get the pork tender next time. The place was full well after lunchtime on the weekday I visited. It clearly has a good reputation. I'm a reporter, and spoke to customers from Des Monies, Emporia, Kansas and a number of other points with in a 200 mile radius, as well as a lot of locals, including a large Amish family.
As far as friendly goes, they were friendly enough. No phoney smiles and no phoney food. It's a good place.
Also, the bakery, just east of the restaurant is FANTASTIC. Walked in there and put a few items on the counter. After a minute or two a girl, who had been out tending horses and watching her little brother, came in, quickly and silently totaled up my bill, took my cash and made change. Left feeling great.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

All the food and desserts are made from scratch and it is well worth your time and money! The cost is too cheep, but I won't complain.