“trip to visit with friends” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Days Inn Jefferson City
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Canton, Illinois, United States
“trip to visit with friends”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

We stayed at the days inn last year and had a good experience. This year we wanted to stay here again.. We stayed for 4 days. The first night was great the kids played in the pool, our room was clean and proper. The second and third day we went to the pool and the chlorine was so bad just sitting in the pool room our eyes were watering we could not stay in there for very long. there was also a pest control person spraying outside and we had lots of bugs coming into our room, we had 2 rooms and the other room had some bugs "water bugs" they called them but they looks like roaches so we told the front desk and took some money off our stay and apologized for that so maybe ask for a room not on the first floor??
breakfast was an ok selection of cereals bagels waffles muffins coffee and juice . the staff was very kind. we might stay at this hotel again next time

Room Tip: being on the first floor you hear a lot of walking around upstairs.. so maybe stay on the 2nd or 3rd...
Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson City, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
I want to start by apologizing for the inconvenience that our pest control treatment caused you. We have the hotel serviced twice a month. I'm not an insect expert by any means so the reason that I told you that they were water bugs is because that is what the pest control experts told me. Either way it is unacceptable. It's my understanding from speaking to them that the cause of this was the incredibly dry weather led these moisture seeking insects to the building because it was cooler in temperature. When the gentleman from the pest control company sprayed the exterior some of these came in through our air conditioning unit. I hope that the $40 discount was acceptable and if it was not I hope you will call me at 573-761-3600 and I will take care of it to your satisfaction. This is the first time we have experienced any problems like this and we have been assured that the problem will not present itself again.

The chemical levels in the pool is my responsibility. I'm really sorry if I over shot the chlorine levels. It's difficult sometimes to anticipate how much use the pool or hot tub are going to get and in this instance I guessed far too low. When folks turn the hot tub jets on it pushes the chlorine out at a slightly higher level. The hotel and the pool were unusually busy during your stay and I'm really sorry had the levels too high for you to enjoy your time in the pool. Had I known it was overwhelming I would have fixed it but I'm sorry that my mistake caused your stay to be less enjoyable.

I'm glad you found the room to be clean and the staff to be friendly. We hope you will give us another shot during your next trip and if you call me in advance I will be certain to make this right with you.

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write your candid review.

Days Inn Jefferson City, Missouri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Galva, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Hotel was very clean . Owners were present and very helpful. We would definately stay there again if in the area. Breakfasts was great with a good variety of food items. Priced just right. Thank you for a restful night.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson City, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Clean, friendly, and reasonably priced is exactly what we are shooting for and I'm glad the hotel worked out for you. Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this review and thank you for staying at the Jefferson City Days Inn!

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stay in Jefferson CIty for work 3-4 times. Last 2 time at Days Inn with a group of 7. Everyone truly enjoys the customer service, clean rooms, pool, and light breakfast. Greatlocation too.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson City, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Thanks for taking your time to submit a review of the hotel. We appreciate your business and are really happy that you find the rooms to be clean and the people to be friendly. Hope to see you next time you're in town.

Days Inn Jefferson City, Missouri
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

My daughter and I stayed in the Days Inn for 12 days while visiting family in the area. The price was right and much more affordable than staying at the Lake of the Ozarks. The hotel was new and clean and the staff were friendly and helpful we when needed them. We enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub which were clean and nicely maintained. The continental breakfast was consistently good every morning. I would definitely stay there on my next visit to Mid-Missouri!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson City, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Thank you for that very kind review! We enjoyed having you! We're glad your trip worked out well and the hotel was satisfactory. Hope to see you again in the future!

Union, Missouri, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

I've got two other realy positive reviews I've written previously. Everything I've said before I'd say again gladly. The Dent Family singlehandedly made this hotel as great as it is. There's a reason that it's the number one hotel in Jeff City and that it's a fraction of the price of most of the hotels in the area. If you're going to Jeff City, stay here. Period.

Room Tip: Stay here. Done :)
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Joe,

Thank you for your third review of the hotel! We can't thank you enough for everything that you've done for us. I know your companies work is winding down here in Jefferson City but I hope that our paths will continue to cross from time to time.

Thanks,

Randal
Marion, Ia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

Nice room and ammenities. Very helpful staff, they recommended some nice eating spots for dinner. Pool area was nice, and well as the continental breakfast. We traveled with our grandchildren and they enjoyed swimming and fixing their own breakfast. Nice and clean. The price was perfect for our budget. Had a relaxing night sleep to prepare us for the next days travel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jcd38740, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson City, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay and can't thank you enough for taking your valuable time to write about your experience! Glad the kids enjoyed the pool and I hope we'll see you again if you're ever back in Jefferson City!

Days Inn Jefferson City, MO
573-761-3600
missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

This is one of the nicest, cleanest, and least inexpensive hotels I've ever stayed in. It was extremely clean, everything in perfect, brand new condition, very friendly staff, quiet, safe, very very comfortable bed - including pillow top, fluffy pillows. Huge fluffy towels, and all at $45.00 a night. A-MA-ZING!!!!! We felt very safe here. Upscale enough not to see the local construction crew packing in 10 to a room. Couldn't get over how squeaky clean everything was. Everything worked too. Wake up call was on time and as backup used alarm clock. It worked perfectly too. The Wi-Fi worked flawlessly. The shower was perfect with an adjustable shower head and had a good strong stream of water. Had all the hot water we needed at 8:00 in the morning. We didn't hear the water running in other rooms in the hotel. Never heard anyone talking, music, running, etc. Temperature was adjustable by exact temperature. Room was dark with no light coming through the window. Very private, curtain covered entire window. Good sized room with plenty of room. I used the iron and it worked great. Hair dryer was fine too. There was NOTHING wrong with this hotel. I LOVE THIS HOTEL!!!! Absolutely will stay here every time we're in Jeff City.

Room Tip: Use Trip Advisor ratings to help pick a hotel in a city. We based our decision on staying here base...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow...that was a very kind review! We know our property still isn't perfect but we are working very hard every day at getting there. Friendly, clean, and affordable...that's exactly what we are shooting for and I'm glad you were satisfied in those areas! Hopefully we will see you again in the future and thank you so much for taking your time to write about your stay!

Days Inn Jefferson City, MO