“Never a disappointment”

Days Inn Jefferson City
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I've reviewed this place plenty of times. Find one of them if you'd like details. Suffice it to say this should be your number one choice if you're staying anywhere in or near Jeff City. I send everyone that I know here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We were in Jeff City for a cheer camp and had never stayed at a Days Inn before. The room was nice and clean. Breakfast was simple but it put something in our belly as we walked out the door. The front desk staff was very helpful and very nice. The hotel was right off the Hwy and close to food and shopping. I would stay at this Days Inn again. The price was super!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Stayed here for the 2nd time during our recent visit to Jefferson City. I remembered that our last stay exceeded my expectations for a hotel in this price range, and I'm happy to report that it still does! Very polite and helpful front desk employees and clean, comfortable rooms with every amenity we needed, including free wi-fi, microwave and refrigerator. We asked for specific rooms and all our requests were met. Very good experience and would recommend to anyone not needing an expensive luxury hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Hotel is convenient, being just off the interstate.
Breakfast is poor, even for 'continental' standards. I grabbed a banana, and headed to the car.
Hotel wasn't close to being full, but I was put in a smoking room because I booked my room through priceline, and 'that's what happens when you book on priceline or expedia.' That's what I was told by the front desk anyway. I understood, but didn't appreciate the outright lying about them being sold out. I saw 3 people (2 at breakfast) my entire stay, and I went in and out of my room multiple times.
A couple hairs in the batthroom that weren't mine, but nothing too bad.

Room Tip: Book direct and request non smoking. Only book direct...do not book on expedia, hotels.com, priceli...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
jcd38740, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

I want to start by saying that I'm sorry about your unsatisfactory stay. I'll try and address each of your issues as best I can.

The breakfast is as much as we can afford to provide. We have 4 types of danishes, 2 types of muffins, 3 cereals, plain bagels, blueberry bagels, English muffins, white and wheat toast, bananas, apples, oranges, milk, filtered water, apple juice, orange juice, and oatmeal. If we could afford to do more, we would. However it's our goal to find a good middle ground and provide competitive rates. I'm very sorry it did not live up to your expectations.

We will find out who cleaned the room you stayed in and address the hair situation. I'm also very sorry about that. It is uncommon but we do make mistakes from time to time and I just want to make certain it doesn't happen again.

As for being lied to, I can assure that none of our staff would do that. If they put someone in a smoking room who requested a nonsmoking room while we had both available they would quickly be looking for employment elsewhere. I will message you using Trip Advisor's messaging and if you would like I would be happy to provide you a hotel statistics report or anything else you would need to verify that our staff did not lie about this. The online travel agents do sometimes over book us in certain areas. DaysInn.com is tied directly into our property management system so once a room is booked it is immediately removed from our available rooms. The Priceline's of the world are not tied directly in, so, on occasion when few of a certain room type is all that remains and someone calls in a books them, Priceline will show them available in their system and once they send it through it will default to the closest room type. It's always best to call hotels directly. If the price is better online just tell front desk staff that you'll book it on Priceline and they should match your rate anywhere (Priceline charges 20-40% on reservations so it should be in any hotels interest to match).

I'm really sorry again about your stay and I really want to clear up the sold out of nonsmoking rooms issue. Because I don't have your name it's sometimes difficult to find someones contact information. If you could email me at randalgdent@gmail.com or call on my cell phone at 573-353-9596 or respond to the Trip Advisor message I will do everything I can to reassure you that you weren't lied to and make your unsatisfactory stay right with you. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Randal Dent