“Good stay”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Chicago, Illinois
“Good stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

For a short business trip to Jeff City this hotel offered great value. The 1st floor room was good for a late evening arrival, brief continental breakfast (few but sufficient breakfast choices) and quick checkout in the early morning. Wifi worked fine.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Jefferson City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I booked this hotel based upon the pictures on the website. Big disappointment! At the entrance there were 3 men smoking right by the door and all were shirtless. Me and my teenage daughters were asked if we wanted to hang out. I opened the door to our room and was hit with the smell of mildew. I tried to open the window to let fresh are in but without a screen bugs were coming in. I went to the store to get room deodorizer to help cover the smell. When we were walking back into the room from the store a car full of men were circling the parking lot and asked us if we wanted to go get drunk. Then I forgot something in my car and my daughter said she would go get it, but there was no way I was going to let her go out by herself. I walked to the door with her and when she went over to the car another man came out with 2 beers and said he saw us come out and bought those for us.
We were on the first floor and you can hear every sound and during the night you can hear them turning over in there bed.
It was so bad I tried to find us another hotel that night but wasn't able to book another room at such a late notice.
If we weren't so exhausted from our 12 hour trip from Colorado I would have left and driven around to other places to try and book a room.
It was the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

jcd38740, Owner at Days Inn Jefferson City, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
I want to start by thanking you for your review and taking additional time to talk to me on the phone about your stay. I again apologize for calling on a Saturday but I wanted to reach out to you as quick as possible.

There are things as a hotel operator that I get used to dealing with. I've come to understand that despite our best efforts things aren't always going to go perfect. One of the things I can't get used to is knowing that guests staying at our hotel are acting in the manner they were toward you and your daughters. I too have a daughter and while she's less than a year old, the very thought of her being approached the way you and your daughters were angers me to the core. I want you to know that thanks to the information you provided during our phone call I was able to locate the name of the guests that bothered you. They had a reservation to return this week. After seeing this and talking to you I called the company and let them know that they weren't going to be staying at our hotel this week or in the future. I'm sorry I didn't catch this and take action prior to your stay.

Regarding the smell in your room we discovered that the drain for the air conditioner in the room next to the room you were staying in had become clogged and this led to some water running over and soaking into the carpet. I'm sorry to say that the moisture carried through to your room as well. We had the water extracted and carpets cleaned and have added checking AC drains for obstructions to our regular preventative maintenance list. I'm sorry for the trouble this caused you.

It pains me to know that your stay at our hotel was the worst hotel experience you've had. We work really hard to make sure people enjoy the time they spend at the hotel and in your case we just messed up. It was all preventable with the right systems in place but they simply weren't.

While I know I wasn't able to undo what had been done I do hope that this has been made right with you. Thank you again for reaching out and taking your time to speak with me. Please also know that the information and experience we gained from your feedback will be used to adjust operations and prevent similar situations for our future guests.

If there is anything additional I can do to make this right, please let me know.

Randal Dent
Days Inn Jefferson City
Carbondale, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here for a conference, and it was a great choice. Room was clean, bed was fine, and all the amenities worked- coffee pot, fridge, shower, etc. The AARP rate made my stay a bargain. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business