“horrible service”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Lusby, Maryland
“horrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

There was no one at the counter upon arrival. I finally called out and the clerk came to the desk from the office. I told him I had been waiting several moments, his reaction was "Oh no". He took several minutes to check me in when I commented he said his computer was running slow but I supect it was user error. About an hour after I finally got to my room a couple came walking in the door. He had giving them the same room. I called him about it he said he would clear up the problem and call me back but I never heard from him. After breakfast the next morning my key didn't work to let me back in the room. The front desk rekeyed the card or whatever but it still didn't work. After the second trip to the desk the clerk let me in the room and called maintenance to change the lock. I told her of the of my problem the previous night. When I returned that afternoon the hotel manager brought me a coffee cup filled with two candy bars, six peppermints, a post it note pad, pen, and a bottle of water as a way of reimbursing me for my problems. Thank goodness my trip was cut short and I was able to leave the next morning I had been scheduled to be there for a week.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank robert s
mo163, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jefferson City, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
On behalf of our entire team I would like to apologize for the problems you had at our property.
Your satisfaction is very important to us and please be assured that we take ur feedback very seriously.
We will be using your feedback to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience to our guests.
I hope that u will consider staying with us again so we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience

Sincerely
Comfort suites Jefferson City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Springfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Absolutely one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Especially considering the cost. Room was very clean and comfortable. Great location. Wifi worked excellently. Breakfast was excellent. Would highly recommend this location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ncawar
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed at the Comfort Suites for a business trip at the Capitol. Got in around 5pm. The front desk people were busy filing papers and cleaning it looked like. But as soon as they saw me come up they stopped what they were doing and were friendly as can be for what seemed like a slow day since there were only 3 cars in the lot. The gentleman that checked me in looked like a teenger and like he should be in a 10 star hotel! Loved the suit! I think his name was Joel or something. The lady that was there Sharon i think was hilarious simply made my day! I wasn't looking forward to my trip but they made my stay simply enjoyable with a smile and fresh baked cookies everynight! The only complaints I have were the hot tub was out of order and the heated pool was not very heated in fact it was down right cold but I will stay there every trip to the capitol i have just to experience such great customer care the staff gave me!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a great room i enjoyed the 3rd floor! the high numbered rooms are dead quiet...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John S
Rolla, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

we went up to jefferson city to be together for thanksgiving and do a bit of shopping we left rolla @ midnight on thursday and had reservation for friday. well about 7am we started to get very tired and was about to sleep in van until check in but decided to call and ask if we could check in early the front desk lady was very nice and said that would not be a problem and let us come in! once there the workers were very friendly and the place was clean. in the room there was plenty of room and a nice clean atmosphere. on sat morning we had breakfast and it was very good plenty of variety. on the way out ppl very nice again all and all i would recommend this place to anyone in the rolla area! thanks for a great stay. the only negative was the hot tub was messed up but i was informed of that when i made the reservation so i was expecting it :)

Room Tip: it is a large room with a large tv and a nice big breakfast
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jj1342
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed at Comfort Suites for 5 days on a buisness trip. I had a late check so it didn't really bother me that the two desk clerks were watching funny videos on the computer. As soon as i came in they were giggling and gave me due attention even explaining the funny video they were watching. It beats sitting around watching the paint dry. I revieved my room key in about 30 seconds upon arrival. The room was nice and cleaned daily. The breakfast was not bad, loved the make it yourself waffels. Overall it was a nice experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Travlin_Fam71
Warrensburg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

When I came into the hotel it was late evening and the front desk clerk was not friendly at all. she had no uniform on and she didn't have a name tag on either. I told her my name and then she checked me into my rooms She didn't tell me how to get to my rooms or what doors I could come in too. Also she didn't tell me where the pool was or where the fitness room was. Plus she didn't tell me when breakfast was and the hotel didn't even have a sign to tell me when it was. When I finally found my way to my rooms I found that one of my light bulbs was out and I found a note from housekeeping that says "Can not fix bathroom door until Monday, No maintenance til Monday they don't work weekends. Thank you Housekeeping." Additionally my not pad had only two pages to write on which is not that much at all. The next morning I got locked out of my room and the front desk lady would not give me a key to my room even after I told her the name on the account and the room number. So lucky for me that someone was in the room to let me in. When I went down to breakfast in the morning that lady that was working had open toed shoes and I just thought that was so gross!!! The breakfast was horrible and the french toast gave me food poisoning!!!!!!!! Also the maintenance woman had a bandanas on her head it was very unprofessional to say the least. I will never go back to that hotel again!!!! I should have stayed at the Hampton Inn right next door.

Room Tip: Horrible stay don't stay here, stay next door at the Hampton Inn
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Ashley L
Nixa, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed here while in town for business. The hotel is conveniently located & easy to get to from either of the Country Club Drive exits, close to the mall and other shopping areas. The staff were very friendly & helpful (and the fresh cookies at the front desk were pretty nice too!). The room was clean and roomy with a good desk for doing work. Bed was extremely comfortable and the room was relatively quiet. Breakfast in the morning was nice as well-- a good selection with some hot items (waffles, ham, eggs) as well. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank heywood417
Angela T, Manager at Comfort Suites Jefferson City, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell your friends and other travelers to our area how great we are!! Our staff works had and we love letting them know you noticed!!

Come back and see us when you can! Safe travel.