“Our experience was wonderful!”

Comfort Suites Jefferson City
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Nevada, Mo.
“Our experience was wonderful!”
Reviewed 14 April 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a week-end visit with our son and his family, who live in Jeff City. Our room was clean and spacious. There were plenty of towels. It was very quiet. Everything we could have asked for. The most impressive thing for me was the open Bible with the traveler's prayer lying on top. It is so refreshing to see a company that isn't afraid to openly express it's belief in God. Thank you for renewing my faith in corporate business at a time when so many in our country are so corrupt. We will definitely search out Comfort Suites in general, and Jefferson City's in particular. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Colorado Springs, CO
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,053 helpful votes
Reviewed 29 October 2008

There were some minor problems with our room which I addressed with the front desk but did not argue as the issues were minor and didn't need to be dealt with right away but were concerns.

I then went to my car to get something and came back into the lobby and headed toward my room only to hear my name being used by the front desk clerk who had called the hotel manager on the phone to complain about me and warn her that we were trouble makers.

I thought that was totally uncalled for and I felt so embarressed. She thought I had left for dinner when I had just gone to my car to get something so she didn't expect to be talking about me with me knowing that she had made that call, she had intended to talk about me behind my back. What was worse was that other guests had came in and she was using my name on the phone talking bad about me infront of them.

I was so shocked to be treated this way! Like I said the room issues were so minor, we didn't make a fuss about them we just let the front desk know that there were concerns with our room. I got the feeling that they think their hotel is perfect so beware if you find something not perfect and dare say anything about it.

It was horrible to be a guest and feel that way by the front desk clerk.

What was unique and special about this hotel was they had the Bible open on the table with a laminated traveler's prayer on top of it. We thought that was very special for them to do. But it really lost meaning after being treated so poorly by the front desk clerk. I wish she had not humiliated me like she did.

The next morning the manager was there at check out but I was still so embarrassed by how I was treated that I had my husband turn in the keys instead and he said she didn't say a thing to him. I thought she might have appologized for the way her employee had talked (she heard it since she was at the other end of the phone).

Besides that really rude front desk employee who made me feel so bad - we had an alright stay. I certainly hope the management will train all of their employees on how to have good customer service and how to treat people with respect.

• Liked — Traveler's prayer left on an open Bible
  • Disliked — being treated poorly by the front desk clerk
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank nowincolorado
Cadet, Missouri
Reviewed 28 July 2008

My husband, our friends, and I decided to take a short week-end trip. Upon leaving early Sat. morning, we had no idea where we would end-up spending the night. Pulling into Jefferson City early in the day and after taking in the sights of the capitol bldg. and surrounding area, we decided to look for a hotel. There was a softball tournament in town and rooms were limited. We pulled into the Comfort Suites and walked into the hotel. The front desk clerk was so nice and accommodating. Upon entering our room, it was beautifully decorated. I can't say enough about this hotel. Clean, spacious, friendly staff, and a huge choice of breakfast items. Nearby mall to shop if you are interested. Many choices of restaurants, also. This was one of the best Comfort Suites we have ever stayed in. Don't hesitate to stay here. If you are interested , there is a nice indoor pool and spa. Something I had never seen before in a pool area was a swing for people to relax and enjoy . Pool towels were plentiful. I can't brag enough about this hotel. Quiet, quiet, quiet.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 30 January 2008

if you can live without receiving your morning paper, i would recommend this hotel fully. (they ran out of papers the day i was there.) And, if your car can make it up the steep hill where it's located at, you're all good.

I concur with the last poster. the beds are comfy and the towels are soft. I got a king suite and it was very roomy. its close to the capital area and lots of restaurants and shopping nearby.

Plus, Lonestar steakhouse will give you a free appetizer when you show you're key card. enjoy.

• Stayed January 2008
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 14 January 2008

This was the best hotel I have stayed at in a long time. The bed & pillows were so soft, the towels were thick. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
Fort Madison, Iowa
Reviewed 18 September 2007

This is one of the nicest, most comfortable places I have EVER stayed! The room was huge and the bed/pillows were like sleeping on a cloud! The bathroom was beautiful and large compared to most places I've stayed. There was a seperate kitchen area with a microwave and very roomy fridge. Our room had a partial room divider and a sofa that made into a bed, as well as a nice desk and chair.
Since I had business to take care of while I was there I spent a lot of time in the business center. There were 4 computers with printers and a small selection of basic office supplies. (paper clips etc)
The pool area was roomy and clean, although I didn't have time to enjoy it. :(
The breakfast was pretty much your standard breakfast bar with cereal, juices, donuts, muffins etc. Not overly fancy, but good!
If you're looking for a place to work out you can use a local gym that's just down the street and only pay $5 by showing your room key!
We only stayed one night, but I wish we could have stayed longer. If I ever have to return to Jefferson City this would be my first choice of places to stay!

• Liked — Clean and COMFORTABLE!!
  • Disliked — Nothing I didn't like!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Letha A
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 25 August 2007

When I was planning a trip to Jefferson City, I checked tripadvisor.com and saw that the Comfort Suites had great reviews. So I decided to take a chance, and I'm glad I did.

Service was great from the moment I walked in -- the front desk clerk was courteous and friendly. The room itself was very clean, and definitely spacious enough for two people (my wife and I shared a king bed). The bathroom was nice, particularly the shower head. There is also a nice pool, and office with several internet-connected computers. Breakfast was fairly standard self-service type, but was really nice, and an attendant was there the entire time to make sure everything was stocked, and that tables were clean.

My only complaint would be that there were a couple of traveling youth-soccer or baseball teams staying there, and were a little noisy in the hallways. But that's obviously not the hotel's fault. I could hear loud racket in the hallway, but never heard a sound from the adjoining rooms.

Very positive experience. If I ever return to Jefferson City, this will be my first choice.

• Liked — Clean, spacious rooms
  • Disliked — Loud kids in the hallway (not the hotel's fault)
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business