“Smokers' hotel!”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Smokers' hotel!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We requested a non-smoking room but since smokers were in nearby rooms and apparently had been in this room, we were not well satisfied. Apparently in Missouri, hotels are not free of smoke.
The room was clean and well organized and would be good for a week long stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dustyt74014
gmjeffcity, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Dustyt,

I am glad that you rated us so highly in all of the other categories but I am so sorry to hear that smoke played a part in your stay. Yes you are correct in that in Missouri their are no laws that hotels must be completely non smoking. I know that some people are more susceptible to the smoking irritant than others and we do have our smoking rooms concentrated in one area of the hotel so if you are to return please let me know so I can make sure you are very far away.

We always want our guests to be comfortable though so please call the hotel so that I can try to offer you something to make up for the issue. We believe that every hotel has issues despite the best efforts of staff and facility but what we also believe is that what separates us from the rest is that we try to treat you as a guest and therefore ; Do our best to make it up to you!!!!

Again please give us a call so we can make it RIGHT.

Trey Propes,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
bland mo
Reviewed 29 September 2013

this was a fabulous place to stay. We checked in on Wednesday night. They were setting up a buffet type supper. They said they do this for their guests every Wednesday night. The staff was amazing. Professional, friendly and very helpful. Our room was very nice. Clean and had everything we could possibly need. I loved the feather down comforters.
I was looking for some shops to go shopping after classes. The staff knew of some and they were on the internet looking for some others for me. Carla was so nice. They all were. I wish i remembered the other ladies names. Because they all helped alot. I will definately search out this place again in any city i go to. five star rating!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank rhonda n
gmjeffcity, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Ma'am,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review. I always like to share with staff, management and ownership any reviews and I really enjoy doing so when someone singles out our staff. I can tell you that they work very hard to be the best they can be but guests who take the time and effort to pay as much attention to their efforts as you did really make a manager's job so much easier... When I tell them that their efforts do make a difference to those we serve I can point to your review as the PROOF!!!

Thank you ever so much and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Trey Propes
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Customer service always shines through, and always brings back a guest. A well laid out, perfectly sized room with a kitchen, comfortable bed, recliner, and efficient work space gave me the chance to be effective and get some rest. Though this hotel does not offer breakfast, they have a "cabinet" where you can get supplies as well as all the cooking tools one would need. I didn't get to check anything out from the lending locker, but I did go to the gym. This gym was not very good, and a member of management walked in while I was working out and told me that they gave out passes to the gym across the street. Problem solved, and that's what they do. I need inexpensive, efficient, and comfortable places to stay when visiting a client, and from now on my solution will be Candlewood! Thanks!

Room Tip: I like the east side because I like having natural light in the morning. They were able to accommod...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dholmes13
gmjeffcity, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to leave us this kind review. Our staff works very hard on their customer service skills and hearing from you that the work is paying off makes all the difference in the world.

I am happy that we are able to solve your fitness center concerns, although equipment is in very good condition I do understand that it is small with only 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical, 1 recumbent bike and a weight machine. We always offer the choice of the two premier fitness facilities in town to meet the guests needs, both happen to be only a short walk from our hotel.

Thank you again and I hope you continue to stay with us whenever you visit Jefferson City!!!

Trey Propes
Farmington, Missouri
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was a great place to stay!!! The hotel was pet friendly. It was very clean and the staff was very courteous!!! They seemed to think of everything in the room here! Their was a complete kitchenette, nice spacious bath, plenty of plush towels, cool a/c, a desk in the room, etc.

I would definitely stay here the next time I visit Jefferson City, MO.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JGreer218
gmjeffcity, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
JGreer218,

Thank you for all of the nice things you said about our hotel. As a manager I appreciate any and all feedback and the fact that you took the time to leave it means we made an impression on you and as a staff that is our goal, to motivate our guests through our own professionalism, courteousness and just plain HOSPITALITY to suggest us to a peer.

Thank you so very much and I will share your entire comment with our staff.

Missouri
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel sets the bar very high. I travel extensively for my career, staying in a hotel every night. I've never had a better experience than the Candlewood Suites in Jefferson City.

It starts with the staff. Every employee I've interacted with on my stays has been great, always asking how my stay was/what they can do better. They really care about guest satisfaction at this hotel.

The rooms and amenities are great for any traveler staying one night, one week, or longer. The rooms are clean, quiet, and comfortable. This hotel offers free laundry, business center, workout facility, convenience store, movie rental, and a lending locker.

Thank you for such a great experience!

J.B.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
gmjeffcity, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
J B

Thank you for everything, a Guest Review like this demonstrates to all of our employees why it is that we do what we do and also that what we do DOES make a difference to the most important people of all, our guests.

We are happy to be of service to you, always and can't thank you enough for supporting us with your kind words.

We will live up to you expectations.

Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Each time we have stayed at this hotel, they have been very accommodating. If you have not stayed at this chain, it is very nice... each room has a full kitchenette, wifi, large bathtub & in the lobby they have a "lending locker" with things like crockpots, George Foreman Grills, blenders, games, dvd's etc.. Honestly just about anything you might need to make your room your home away from home. The only complaint I have is...we stayed on the third floor this time & when we stepped off the elevator it was overwhelming with cigarette smoke smell. Our room was not smokey, however I wish the hotel would go smoke Free for the health of all their guests.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
gmjeffcity, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review for us and for your important feedback.

We always want to do the best job that we can for our guests and that includes making sure that we take the health of our non smoking guests seriously. I apologize that you smelled anything at all when you exited onto our third floor. We have been working hard remodeling rooms, turning more and more into non smoking and if we do our things right you should not smell anything at all in our hotel besides a pleasant scent associated with cleanliness.

We will work harder and make sure to address this with the entire staff so that we are more conscious of the problem for everyone.

Thank you for all of the compliments on our staff and we will make your next stay an even better one!!!!

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I had business in Jefferson City for two days. The check in was a breeze and my special request to be on the top floor was accommodated. I love the set up of the suites, very homey with full-sized appliances in the kitchenette, comfortable bed, and open floor plan. Internet was easily accessed. The only slight drawbacks were that the fan did not work in the bathroom, the underneath light on the microwave was burned out, and the cable reception kept blurring (a provider problem). The place was spotless and staff were friendly and professional. The hotel is right by the mall and a new new Hy-Vee store. Great place to stay, especially for more than an overnight.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
gmjeffcity, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, 1 June 2013
Cat,

Thank you for your review, we take a lot of pride in providing you with the absolute BEST stay possible.

In reading your review though I would like to ask for your help.

Our fans in the bathroom are engineered to be almost silent so catching one that does not work is sometimes tricky for us. As far as our cable tv issue we recently upgraded to full High Definition programming and have had a problem with a few cable connections from the provider. The problem you describe is exactly what we are looking to avoid for all of our guests.

Asking for your help.... Would you please call me at the hotel and let me know what room you were in so we can get it right for the next guest and for you, because we sure would like you to come back and stay with us again.