“Very good experience”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Spokane, Washington
“Very good experience”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The hotel was clean, comfortable and the staff was excellent. It was an easy drive to the grocery store, restaurants and downtown Jefferson city. If you want to stay in your room, they have a nice selection of movies or books to borrow.

Jake was at the front desk and went the extra mile to make sure we were comfortable and our visit was good. Thanks for the great service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy F
gmjeffcity, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Cathy F,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate it when people take the time to leave us a review and appreciate it even more when they go to the trouble of pointing out exactly whom it was that provided them our award winning brand of customer service.

I will make sure to share your remarks with our team and I hope you will stay with us every time you come to Jefferson City!!

Trey Propes,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We come to Jeff City every couple of years to spend time with our daughter and her husband. We've stayed at other hotels in the local area but, by far, our favorite is the Candlewood Suites. The rooms are always spotless and the surroundings are comfortable and private.

The best part about this property is that the staff is always courteous and cheerful. More importantly, they're HELPFUL. We bought a precooked turkey dinner from a local supermarket ... only to realize that the turkey wouldn't fit in the crock pot we borrowed from our daughter. The CWS staff came to our rescue with the loan of an electric turkey roaster ... problem solved! Daughter and her hubby will arrive in a few hours to a "home cooked" Thanksgiving Dinner that they didn't have to cook. (smile) Even better, tomorrow when the "kids" are off having a second Thanksgiving dinner with the other set of in-laws, we'll be relaxing to a catered meal provided by the CWS staff. It doesn't get much better than that.

We've had such a great experience at this CWS hotel that we've modified our route going home so that we can stay at another CWS along the way. Hopefully, the CWS hotel in Lexington, KY will be just as great!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the one-bedroom suites. You'll get a larger room with the living room and kitchen...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Valorie K
gmjeffcity, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Valerie,

We are so happy that we could help out and I hope that your Thanksgiving Dinner was a great as my own!!!

We really appreciate your feedback concerning our facility and most importantly staff as everyone appreciates to know when they do good work and it means more to everyone coming from our guests rather than just from the boss.

We hope that you will allow us to serve you in the future and don't forget Christmas is right around the corner... :)

A sincere Thank you from our entire staff by including us in your Holiday Celebration and time with family.

Bettendorf
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had an excellent experience staying at the Candlewood Suites in Jefferson City, MO. The staff is wonderful, always a smile on their face and they treat you with respect. The location of the hotel was excellent; close to food and shopping. HyVee was just up the road, and if you like international beers and wines, there is a store across the main street from HyVee. I was amazed, they had Schlengerla, a smoked beer from Bamberg, Germany, where I grew up. Easy to get to the capitol and museums. I am going back for the German food at the Stein Haus.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andreas H
Dear Andreas,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property, especially the words about our staff. I could not agree with you more about the effort and manners that I see out of them as well and as a supervisor I am very proud of them.

We really do appreciate your business anytime you come to Jefferson City and we hope you will make us your home while you are hear.

Finally when you do return please do try Das Stein Haus because it truly is wonderfully authentic German cuisine and if we may make a couple of other recomendations, a Stuffed Burger from Shep's Southside for lunch and please give Domenicos Steaks and Italian, Madison's Cafe or Fugi Japanese Steakhouse a try at your leisure as well.

Thank you so much for everything!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We requested a non-smoking room but since smokers were in nearby rooms and apparently had been in this room, we were not well satisfied. Apparently in Missouri, hotels are not free of smoke.
The room was clean and well organized and would be good for a week long stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dustyt74014
gmjeffcity, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Dustyt,

I am glad that you rated us so highly in all of the other categories but I am so sorry to hear that smoke played a part in your stay. Yes you are correct in that in Missouri their are no laws that hotels must be completely non smoking. I know that some people are more susceptible to the smoking irritant than others and we do have our smoking rooms concentrated in one area of the hotel so if you are to return please let me know so I can make sure you are very far away.

We always want our guests to be comfortable though so please call the hotel so that I can try to offer you something to make up for the issue. We believe that every hotel has issues despite the best efforts of staff and facility but what we also believe is that what separates us from the rest is that we try to treat you as a guest and therefore ; Do our best to make it up to you!!!!

Again please give us a call so we can make it RIGHT.

bland mo
Reviewed 29 September 2013

this was a fabulous place to stay. We checked in on Wednesday night. They were setting up a buffet type supper. They said they do this for their guests every Wednesday night. The staff was amazing. Professional, friendly and very helpful. Our room was very nice. Clean and had everything we could possibly need. I loved the feather down comforters.
I was looking for some shops to go shopping after classes. The staff knew of some and they were on the internet looking for some others for me. Carla was so nice. They all were. I wish i remembered the other ladies names. Because they all helped alot. I will definately search out this place again in any city i go to. five star rating!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank rhonda n
gmjeffcity, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Ma'am,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review. I always like to share with staff, management and ownership any reviews and I really enjoy doing so when someone singles out our staff. I can tell you that they work very hard to be the best they can be but guests who take the time and effort to pay as much attention to their efforts as you did really make a manager's job so much easier... When I tell them that their efforts do make a difference to those we serve I can point to your review as the PROOF!!!

Thank you ever so much and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Trey Propes
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Customer service always shines through, and always brings back a guest. A well laid out, perfectly sized room with a kitchen, comfortable bed, recliner, and efficient work space gave me the chance to be effective and get some rest. Though this hotel does not offer breakfast, they have a "cabinet" where you can get supplies as well as all the cooking tools one would need. I didn't get to check anything out from the lending locker, but I did go to the gym. This gym was not very good, and a member of management walked in while I was working out and told me that they gave out passes to the gym across the street. Problem solved, and that's what they do. I need inexpensive, efficient, and comfortable places to stay when visiting a client, and from now on my solution will be Candlewood! Thanks!

Room Tip: I like the east side because I like having natural light in the morning. They were able to accommod...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dholmes13
gmjeffcity, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to leave us this kind review. Our staff works very hard on their customer service skills and hearing from you that the work is paying off makes all the difference in the world.

I am happy that we are able to solve your fitness center concerns, although equipment is in very good condition I do understand that it is small with only 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical, 1 recumbent bike and a weight machine. We always offer the choice of the two premier fitness facilities in town to meet the guests needs, both happen to be only a short walk from our hotel.

Thank you again and I hope you continue to stay with us whenever you visit Jefferson City!!!

Trey Propes
Farmington, Missouri
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was a great place to stay!!! The hotel was pet friendly. It was very clean and the staff was very courteous!!! They seemed to think of everything in the room here! Their was a complete kitchenette, nice spacious bath, plenty of plush towels, cool a/c, a desk in the room, etc.

I would definitely stay here the next time I visit Jefferson City, MO.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JGreer218
gmjeffcity, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Jefferson City, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
JGreer218,

Thank you for all of the nice things you said about our hotel. As a manager I appreciate any and all feedback and the fact that you took the time to leave it means we made an impression on you and as a staff that is our goal, to motivate our guests through our own professionalism, courteousness and just plain HOSPITALITY to suggest us to a peer.

Thank you so very much and I will share your entire comment with our staff.

Trey Propes, CHA