Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Reviewed 18 March 2011

It's ok. Nothing that really impressed me, but nothing that bothered me. Wish I could say more.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 November 2010

I will stay at this hotel next time I am in Jeff. City. The staff was extremely friendly. The breakfast was tasty and there was a varity of food. Also, the 5 pm cookies were great! There was not a hot tub which was disappointing. However, everything else about the stay was perfect! I refuse to stay in a hotel that is not clean--and this hotel met my cleanliness requirement!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank metami2
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I had to stay in Jeff City for business twice in the last four months for relatively long stays, and I can honestly say this hotel is a crown jewel compared to the seen-better-days places in the area. Unless you require a kitchenette, this is the place to stay.

It offers very clean, comfortable rooms with superb service. I can't say enough about the service at the front desk. Mike was exceptionally helpful with recommending different locations to eat and Linda goes out of her way to make sure guests feel at home.

I'll be going back to Jefferson City next month and when I do you can find me at the Hampton Inn

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank chargedup
Reviewed 21 June 2010

I wouldn't change a thing. The breakfast was very good. Breakfast hostess was prompt and attendant to all of our needs. The front desk staff went out of there way, to give us directions to local restaurants, along with coupons for free appetizers. The staff also gave my kids balloons, along with coloring pages to color during down time. I would recommend this hotel to any person that asked.
GREAT JOB!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank lindas_travels10
Reviewed 19 June 2010

I needed to be away from home during the day. I work nights and checked into the Hampton at 8:00 am. Quiet room, clean and well kept. Staff was helpful and worked with me to make my early arrival good.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2010

I agree with many of the other reviews here. This place was one of the more inferior hotels in the Hampton Inn chain. It was ok, not awful, but you do notice ways that its not quite up to par. The halls smelled a little funny -- my room was non-smoking but maybe there were smoking rooms on the same hall? The temperature in the lobby was either too hot or too cold. Usually Hampton Inn has some kind of egg product for breakfast, but the hot food at this hotel was french toast sticks (disgusting) and sausage. The fitness center was totally average -- cardio machines, just a couple of dumbbells, a very cheap decline bench, and a small tv.

I booked here because I assumed from the name, "Capitol Mall," that it would be near the Capitol building. NO, it's near the MALL! Actually, out past the mall, beyond the outskirts of Jeff City.

On the other hand, this is the cheapest Hampton Inn I've ever stayed at!

Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2008

We were expecting to check in after midnight, so we asked for and received a 12:30 p.m. checkout time (normal checkout time is 11:00 a.m.). At 11:10 a.m., a lady from Housekeeping knocked loudly on our door, and we informed her we had a 12:30 checkout. When we left at 12:10 p.m., the housekeeper in the hallway said she was just about to knock on our door again. Seems like they couldn't wait to get us out of there!
The lobby and breakfast area look great (we did not try the breakfast), but our room looked shabby and in need of an update, and the tub/shower had a big mold problem. The heating/air conditioning unit sounded like a jet engine as it cycled on and off all night--we slept very poorly. We heard all sorts of noise through the floors and walls, and the Housekeeping ladies were yelling from one end of the hall to the other when guests could have still been sleeping. We left this hotel totally exhausted and will never stay there again. We have stayed at Hampton Inns before with good results, but this Inn was a big disappointment.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business