“Nice for a short stay-Staff was Excellent”

Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
West Central Illinois
“Nice for a short stay-Staff was Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on the 10th for a family wedding. The staff was very accomodating and did their best to have our rooms available for early check in so we could get ready after a long drive for the wedding. I'm sure this was a busy turn around for them and I appreciated their efforts to accomodate us as quickly as possible. Every staff member I interacted with was helpful and friendly.

As for the hotel it is not located by any mall that I could see. I was there for a wedding so didn't do much exploration of the area so maybe it was close by and I missed it. We did drive the next day down to Lake of the Ozarks to visit the outlet mall so I managed to get a shopping fix.

The hotel room was a bit worn, I seen a few tiles coming loose in the bathroom but everything was very clean. The bed was very comfortable, we had a good nights sleep. I wish there would of been a safe and refrigerator in the room. There was free wireless internet and the free breakfast the next morning was fine and kept filled even though the place was bustling from being very busy.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Southern MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

Best handicapped access motel I have seen in a long time. Bathroom features were perfect... Roll-in shower with hand rails, portable shower head and chair. Very good hot breakfast with several blends of coffee.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Dave55MO
St. Louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

Check in was fast and easy. Had requested a low floor room and got one on the 2nd floor. Everyone very nice and professional. The breakfast was good but not great. When we checked in, we were told that a wedding party was in the hotel and if we were bothered by their noise, call the front desk. We had no problem with the wedding party as they must have partied some place else. Entry area very nice with the rooms showing their age but very clean. Beds very confortable. Overall, very nice and will stay there again if in Jeff City.

Room Tip: Call front desk the day before you arrive if you have special needs.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2011

It's ok. Nothing that really impressed me, but nothing that bothered me. Wish I could say more.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

I will stay at this hotel next time I am in Jeff. City. The staff was extremely friendly. The breakfast was tasty and there was a varity of food. Also, the 5 pm cookies were great! There was not a hot tub which was disappointing. However, everything else about the stay was perfect! I refuse to stay in a hotel that is not clean--and this hotel met my cleanliness requirement!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank metami2
Independence, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2010

I had to stay in Jeff City for business twice in the last four months for relatively long stays, and I can honestly say this hotel is a crown jewel compared to the seen-better-days places in the area. Unless you require a kitchenette, this is the place to stay.

It offers very clean, comfortable rooms with superb service. I can't say enough about the service at the front desk. Mike was exceptionally helpful with recommending different locations to eat and Linda goes out of her way to make sure guests feel at home.

I'll be going back to Jefferson City next month and when I do you can find me at the Hampton Inn

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank chargedup
Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

I wouldn't change a thing. The breakfast was very good. Breakfast hostess was prompt and attendant to all of our needs. The front desk staff went out of there way, to give us directions to local restaurants, along with coupons for free appetizers. The staff also gave my kids balloons, along with coloring pages to color during down time. I would recommend this hotel to any person that asked.
GREAT JOB!!!