“Would rate it very good to excellent with a couple of improvements”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Jefferson City
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Overland Park, Kansas
“Would rate it very good to excellent with a couple of improvements”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Just stayed at the Fairfield Inn at Jeff City. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The lobby looked nice and then when I entered the elevator I thought I made a big mistake choosing this hotel for the night. The carpet in the elevator looked horrible. The walls were marked...just seemed very dirty and looked like nobody had given any attention to it for months. To my surprise though, I got off the elevator and the halls and my room were just the opposite....very clean! The carpet everywhere else looked new. Why you wouldn't have a better looking elevator when people just stand there and look around while waiting is something I don't understand. The hotel seems better managed than that to me.

The room was very nice with the typical amenities...desk with free internet, nice TV, good bed, decent sized bathroom, shower, etc.

The breakfast was pretty weak. They've done away with the waffles (always my favorite at the free breakfast hotels) and gone to mass produced scrambled eggs and sausage. They really need to make some improvements on this. The room was $100 plus tax, so it's not like your're staying at a really cheap hotel....the breakfast sure feels that way though.

The pool and whirlpool area looked nice. They have snacks and beverages that you can purchase 24/7 which is convenient.

If they clean up the elevator and improve the breakfast, I would move the rating to Very Good.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Aaron_Friedewald, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jefferson City, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
First, let me thank you for taking the time to complete this survey and send us your feedback. We take guest comments very seriously, and utilize them as opportunities to improve.

I appreciate you bringing the matter of the elevator to our attention. Obviously, this area gets much more traffic than most at our property. We've had around 2,000 guests throughout the passed week at our property, making it difficult to access this area for carpet cleaning. I've arranged for this area to be deep cleaned as of this morning. Again, my apologies for the state it was in.

As for breakfast, Marriott makes several changes throughout the year, every year. Most are subtle, when we actually need to point out the changes, while others are sizeable. The most recent change was to the new hot menu. As you have pointed out, in place of our waffle iron is now two chafer dishes serving scrambled eggs and sausage. We've also added fresh cut fruit, whole wheat toast, and pancake and sausage on a stick. The purpose of which was to add a healthier alternative to the Jimmy Dean Breakfast Biscuit sandwiches that were the main menu feature previously.

Again, we appreciate you providing your feedback. I sincerely hope these inconveniences do not prevent you from booking with us again in the future. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

This is why I stay at Marriott properties because regardless of where I am in the country I can expect and find a well kept, clean and excellent staffed hotel. This Fairfield upholds that expectation very well. Will definitely stay there again when I am back in Jefferson City.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Aaron_Friedewald, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jefferson City, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at our property. Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey and provide us with your feedback.

We are proud to be your hotel of choice when returning to Jefferson City, and look forward to serving you again soon.
warrensburg mo
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We have traveled extensively and this hotel is better than some of the "luxury" hotes we have been in.This our second stay and we were equally impressed as the first one. Helpful friendly staff, modern rooms tastefully decorated, convenient location, quiet, good breakfast options....This hotel will be our first consideration in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Aaron_Friedewald, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jefferson City, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to send us your feedback and share your opinion with the online community. It is wonderful and rewarding to see that you have enjoyed your numerous stays at our property. Your comments will be shared with our staff.

We are proud to be your hotel of choice in Jefferson City. We look forward to serving you again soon in the near future.
Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one night, and found the accomodations clean, up-to-date and comfortable for my stay overall. The staff were very friendly, and though I didn;t stay for breakfast it had a nice crowd that seemd to be enjoying the food.,

Room Tip: Close to shops and dinning adn 10 minutes from downtown Jefferson City and very easy to find.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Aaron_Friedewald, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jefferson City, responded to this review, 23 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. It is very appreciated.

I'm pleased to see that you found our hotel to be clean and up-to-date, as well as our staff to be friendly. We take great measures to ensure that our property is clean, and our staff is well trained. It's gratifying when a guest takes notice, and comments accordingly. Your comments will be shared with our staff.

Though you were only able to stay one night, it was our pleasure to accommodate you. We hope to be your hotel of choice during your next visit to Jefferson City.
Seattle
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I booked this property for a week stay while in Jeff City on business; unfortunately, I checked out after the first night because the room simply didn't meet my expectations in terms of quality and quiet (I could hear the people in the next room watching TV and talking). On a positive note, the staff was friendly and the internet was fast. I'm sorry to say that this hotel will not be my first choice when staying in Jeff City on business.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Aaron_Friedewald, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jefferson City, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback to us for review. I'm concerned after reading that you had checked out after your first night. This is highly rare at our property, as we normally received nothing short of raves regarding our quality of rooms and service from our associates.

I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It's a shame when other guests of a hotel have no courtesy for others around them. We rarely receive noise complaints, but when we do, it seems an unruly guest is involved. I apologize on their behalf, and find it very unfortunate we were unable to retain you as a return guest as a result.

I would love the opportunity to earn your business again. If you have a change of heart, and would give us another try, please contact me directly and I will personally ensure your reservation is taken care of and your room placed in a quiet area of the building.

We look forward to the opportunity to earn your business back.
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Clean, comfortable room. Nice choices for breakfast. Free parking and Internet. Location worked well for our needs. Friendly staff. Very attentive and friendly breakfast attendant. For our stay, things were pretty quiet. Would recommend this property to others. If we get back to Jeff city would definitely think about staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Aaron_Friedewald, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jefferson City, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback.

We take pride in our property, and strive to offer the best service and accommodations to each of our guests. I'm so pleased to see that you found our staff to be friendly, and our property to be clean, comfortable, and quiet.

We value your recommendation, and look forward to serving you again soon.
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

Room itself was fine. Furniture, bed, and carpet were in very good shape. Bathroom was gross and in need of caulking around toilet and in shower. Also had broken floor tiles. Breakfast was pretty basic but ok with mostly continental items. Service was excellent. I stayed in room 127 for your reference.

• Stayed February 2013
Aaron_Friedewald, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jefferson City, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm pleased to see that you found our property to be in good shape. We do all that we can to keep it feeling "new."

However, I apologize that you found your bathroom to be sub-par. By providing us with detail in your review, we were able communicate this information with the appropriate department to have these issues resolved.

As for breakfast, beginning in April of 2013, we will be launching a hot breakfast featuring scrambled eggs and sausage or bacon. This will provide that hot and ready protein rich breakfast that so many of our guests crave.

When our guests speak, we listen. Thank you again for taking the time to complete this survey. We have only improved our property more as a result.