Fairfield Inn & Suites Jefferson City
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsfront deskfree breakfastyogurtexercise roomthird floorwould stay here againvery nice stayroom was cleangreat place to staykaty trailbusinesshousekeepingmicrowaveelevatorpillowskeysinns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I'll start with the good - the staff here is friendly and helpful, and there is a free breakfast, even if it is a little lackluster. And the HyVee next door has a Starbucks so you can get your espresso drink in the morning. The rooms themselves are fine, although they do vary. The one I stayed in last time had cracked floor tiles in the bathroom and could definitely use some cosmetic attention. If you pay $10 extra for the "Executive Suite" you get a mini- fridge and a microwave, which are nice to have. The breakfast consists of scrambled eggs (avoid these), bacon or sausage, hard boiled eggs, cut up fruit, whole apples and bananas, bead, muffins, cereal, and yogurt. You won't jump out of bed to get down there early for it, but you won't starve to death either. Oh, and juice, coffee and milk. The workout room has one treadmill and one elliptical, and a full set of dumb bells. Pretty bare bones but at least it's something. If you've been to Jefferson City before, you know there are not a lot of great hotel options and if you are a brand loyal Marriott Rewards member like I am, this is pretty much it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Aaron_Friedewald, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jefferson City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Dana. We value this information and will utilize your critiques to improve our services moving forward.

Our new hot breakfast menu is brand standard for every Fairfield Inn & Suites in the Marriott system. Marriott has established this new hot menu higher protein items, as well as hot offerings. Our breakfast menu does vary from other brands in the Marriott system based on these brand standards, but the majority of our guests approve of the menu change. We've also upgraded the original scrambled eggs we were serving which has seemed to improve reviews in that regard across the board.

Again, thank you for sending us your feedback. We value your loyalty to Marriott, and hope we will remain your choice of lodging while in the Jefferson City area.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This was our first stay in a Fairfield Inn, and it was a good experience overall. There were some nice welcoming touches, such as 24-hr coffee/tea service in the lobby and a copy of USA Today waiting for us in the room. Pillows/bedding, climate control, water pressure in shower, common areas-- all good. Our room was clean as was the tub/shower, but the bathroom would benefit from a fresh coat of paint. Even though the hotel seemed fairly full, and we had a room facing the road, we didn't hear much noise with the A/C set on "constant fan." We would stay again if in the Jefferson City area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Aaron_Friedewald, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jefferson City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We value this information, and utilize it to improve our day-to-day operation.

I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at our property, and found our facilities to be clean and comfortable. Our staff works very hard to keep our hotel looking and feeling as fresh and comfortable as possible.

Your comment regarding paint concerned me. This has been addressed with our Maintenance department. Thank you for bringing the matter to our attention.

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to send us your comments. As always, we appreciate you staying with us and look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Check in was fine and the clerk friendly enough. My room was very small with no reefer or micro. I came back to the front desk and asked about a room with those items. I was told "they are only in our deluxe rooms". I have lifetime plat status with Marriott so I asked "oh - well can you upgrade me?" I was then asked what kind of room I wanted. I was given a room with a large whirlpool tub in the bedroom area. The room was good with lots of space and we enjoyed the whirlpool. The bathroom itself was a little old and tired. There was a lot of smeared grout, caulk and the door frame had pealing paint - it felt dirty in some way. Basically the bathroom is in desperate need of a redo. The bed slept well and I enjoyed the whirlpool. The AC did blow on my head - most motel type rooms seem to have this feature and I wish designers would relocate the AC units from under the window or rearrange to rooms so that the air flow didn't move directly across the head of the bed. Breakfast was a little disappointing. There was a big sign in the elevator about a new hot breakfast that included eggs, sausage and oatmeal. The oatmeal was the same old instant packaged stuff - I was really looking forward to some cooked oatmeal. No other real issues but I left with a feeling that there was a lot of room for improvement.

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room if you want a microwave or refrigerator.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Aaron_Friedewald, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jefferson City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

First, let me thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We value every guest's opinion, and appreciate your willingness to share yours with us.

I'm disappointed that you found our property to be simply, average. Currently, only our suites have microwaves and refrigerators. I apologize that you found this to be an inconvenience. However, as a Marriott Rewards member, you receive top priority for an upgrade. I'm happy to hear that this request was met, and you received a complimentary upgrade to a Whirlpool Suite.

I apologize that you found your bathroom area to be old and tired. I've had the maintenance issues that you referred to addressed immediately. Thank you for reporting them. By sending us your feedback, you've brought several matters to our attention, and helped us to improve our property as a whole. This is a valuable courtesy, and is very much appreciated.

Again, thank you for sending us your survey. We value your business as a Marriott Rewards member, and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Been coming to Jefferson City for work about once per month and typically stay here when available. Always very clean and friendly staff. Only complaint about rooms is that you can still tell the first floor rooms used to be smoking. Was very disappointed to see that the waffle iron was replaced with subpar sausage patties and boil-in-bag scrambled eggs (which were terrible!). I always looked forward to a waffle with peanut butter and sliced banana on top. Shared my displeasure with the desk attendant, who agreed that the new breakfast is disappointing but that it was out of their hands.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We value each of our guest's opinions, and appreciate your willingness to share yours.

I'm pleased to see that you enjoy your visits to our property, you always find our hotel to be clean and our staff to be friendly, and that we have your valuable return business moving forward.

Regarding the first floor rooms, I apologize that you feel these rooms were once smoking rooms. This particular Fairfield has always been an all non-smoking property. We enforce a $250 room recovery fee from each guest that takes it upon themselves to smoking in a non-smoking environment. Unfortunately, despite this charge, we still have guests that smoke in our property, at times inconveniencing others around them. For that, I apologize.

As for our new breakfast, Marriott has instituted a new hot breakfast plan for all Fairfield properties. This breakfast does include the addition of scrambled eggs, pork sausage, fresh cut fruit, and a few minor contintential changes. I'm sorry to see that you found the quality to be subpar. The purpose of the change was to replace the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches with a healthier option as well as incorporate more protein into our menu. As part of the change, new induction units used to heat both the scrambled eggs and sausage were installed. Due to this addition, our electrical circuit in the breakfast area was unable to support these new units, the refrigerator, microwave, juice machine, coffee maker, and waffle machine. We had no choice but to remove the optional waffle machine for the purpose of the circuit. I apologize that this is an inconvenience to you. I have forwarded your feedback regarding our menu change to Marriott International for further review.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to send us your feedback. By doing so, you help us to see what areas we can improve.

We are proud to be your hotel of choice when in Jefferson City, and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I needed to stay another night in Jeff City at the last minute for a customer and moved from another local hotel that was in the middle of renovation. I can tell you that the staff, room and everything else at the property was very nice! I will definitely make this my hotel for each return to Jefferson City

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We value each our guest's opinions, and appreciate your willingness to share yours.

I'm pleased to see that you made the choice to move to our property for your final night in Jefferson City. We work hard as a staff to ensure our guests enjoy a clean and comfortable atmosphere when they stay with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and plan to return.

We are proud to be your hotel of choice in Jefferson City, and look forward to serving you again, soon.