“WOW... I was amazed”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kansas city MO
“WOW... I was amazed”
Reviewed 17 September 2009

I have been at the Fairfield serveral times. Everyone has their share os issues at a hotel, but this hotel was begining new management and things are terrific! The problems I encountered at the beginning of the year were no more! Everything looked great and the staff was soo helpful! I had no idea where I was going one night and they got me perfect directions! This hotel has changed for the good! Next time I am in town I WILL be back to the Fairfield!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 24 September 2007

I spent three nights here and this was one of the worst places I've stayed for $84/night. The place was institutional, dirty, and just kinda low-class. My desk chair had a nasty foul smelling stain on it and the decor was dreary, to say the least. I am sure there are much worse places, but not for $84/night. Overall, Jefferson City is not a great place for hotels, but this place was not good. When I returned the desk chair to the front desk, they only said they'd clean it. Two days later, it was still not back. Basically, they offered nothing for the situation.

• Liked — Leaving!
  • Disliked — It was dreary and the Internet didn't work well.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Marc R
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 July 2006

I have stayed at this property while traveling on business every few months or so. It was an OK Fairfield Inn, other hotels in the area have better complimentary breakfasts, are newer or been upgraded recently. I have noticed since late 05 that the property has not been kept up as well as it had but I was still OK with it. Due to what happened on my past two visits I will no longer stay there. On one of these visits, the bathroom had not been cleaned. The toilet had feces on the bowl and seat and the tub had a dirt ring and hair at the drain. I called the front desk to ask if the bathroom could be cleaned or if I could change rooms. I was told that there was no one to clean the room and there were no rooms. I checked in at 7PM and probably called withing 15 minutes. I went to WalMart and bought cleaning supplies. I should have known better but I stayed there one more time. This time I waited to check in at an empty front desk for 15 minutes. No note or sign saying please wait or any explanation when the desk clerk arrived.

• Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MoovinOn
Louisiana, Missouri
Reviewed 21 April 2006

The only problem we had was the internet was not working and they had been having this problem for a few days. Besides that, the room was nice and attractively decorated, had numerous pillows on the bed. Breakfast was just continental but had selection of donuts, bagels, muffins, 3 types of cereals, both skim and 2% milk, coffee, OJ and other juices. We would stay here again.

Stayed April 2006