Capitol Plaza Hotel & Convention Center Jefferson City
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Jefferson City
Reviewed 20 October 2013

For these prices, I expect maybe a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Nothing. The cable tv service never worked on my tv--I couldn't get it to switch channels from the movie previews.I got in late, so I didn't call them about it since I didn't want someone coming in my room at 1:00 am. The toilet was running all night, which they did fix. And my room smelled like permanent (for hair) solution. Overall, I just found it very lacking.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MizzouMarilyn
CMac54, General Manager at Capitol Plaza Hotel & Convention Center Jefferson City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with our hotel. Although all of our room types do not have microwaves and refrigerators, we do have a number available upon request. I always recommend that guests request a room with these amenities during the reservation process.

I appreciate your comments and will make sure our Engineering and Housekeeping teams are focused in on resolving the problems you incurred so they are not repeated.

Once again I do apologize for your inconvenience and thank you for your feedback. We will certainly use it in our ongoing efforts to improve the services here at the Capitol Plaza Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Capitol Plaza Hotel & Convention Center Jefferson City

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This hotel has a home town favorite, the rooms are reasonable but the housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired. You often have to have them come back to clean thoroughly. The customer service in the restaurant is amazing. Food is decent.

Room Tip: Choose a suite or a room close to the elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank avidtraveler099
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

I attended a Homecoming Weekend in Jefferson City, and stayed at this Hotel. The location is great. Easy to find from Highway 63 and walking distance from the quaint, historic downtown district which features the beautiful Capitol, and Governor's mansion. The staff is friendly, the hotel is clean and attractive, styled on the old Hyatt Regency model which features glass elevators and indoor waterfalls. The food was o.k. Appetizers were good for absorbing alcohol though! What impressed me the most were the friendliness and service the staff showed during a busy weekend for a small town. I will probably stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank KRL1

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. We often hear about the convenience of the location (so near the Capitol), but are always most happy to get positive feedback on our staff. We will continue to work hard to satisfy the needs of each of our guests and appreciate the feedback that you have offered.
We do hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Jefferson City.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

room was clean - good --- area looked okay - not so sure how safe --- quiet I thought so, but my wife had issues with the waterfall in the lobby making too much noise (I thought it was nice) ---- breakfast buffet was better than average for an average hotel ---- TV worked but had to play around with it to get it to work --- big issue however with "complimentary bike storage" --- is basically bring it to your room as the closet they offer is too small and then (we have a tandem) it didn't even fit in their elevator, we had to track down someone who would take us into their service elevator ---workers there were all very friendly -- all in all not bad but could've been better

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank joisey-joe
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stayed here on the states dime to attend a convention. Overall, the experience was positive. Rooms have been upgraded and I found them to be comparable to a 3 or 4 star hotel. My room was clean, the controls on the AC worked (I was there in August!) and parking was convenient. Like a lot of hotels, the two elevator system does not work when 300 people are trying to use them (they are very small) but once everyone got checked in, they seemed to work a bit better. The food was good, but a bit institutional. We got coffee and drink service through the day which was always fresh. (TIP: if you are a coffee drinker, bring your own travel mug....the coffee mugs are very small!) We found the location to be good - only ventured out into town once to an okay place called 'Prison Brew' (lightenup on the salt, people....) and took advantage of the restaurant/bar on site. Good drink specials, and we were AMAZED to find the prices in the bar for food to be comparable to going out on the town. I had the club sandwich and paid under $8 I think.
Some of things that troubled me were the really really small workout room. There is a pool, but no hot tub. The pool is indoor, but no one was ever using it. I was traveling with a person in a wheelchair - her handicapped room was, literally, the farthest room from the elevator in the entire floor plan. It's in the opposite corner of the elevators, down the long long corridor to the very corner in a little alcove behind the soda machines. That's not right....we had to take turns wheeling her to the elevator several times a day. With all the disability acts, I can't help but think that is out of compliance. Put them closer to the elevators, attach some bars on a nice room...anything, but that set up. With aging baby boomers and people who find themselves in wheelchairs (my friend is short term, thank goodness) the whole convention was a hassle.
Great staff, friendly folks and good surroundings.

Room Tip: IF you are in a wheelchair or need a special room, DEMAND better than the long journey to you room a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank OzarkSojourner
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

I am currently staying here not by choice because of a convention. Very large hotel with not enough elevators, pools and working ice machines. Website boasts fridge and microwaves in rooms but they are not in all the rooms. Only microwave is in the giftshop once again a long ways with too many people for the elevators. Currently have medically needed ice pack sunk in ice retrieved from a lower floor. Wont stay again by choice.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Tamjoda
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Arrival, easy under cover parking, friendly efficient check-in. Only two elevators, which were inadequate for an enormously busy check in period and a full hotel. Things got easier later. Restaurant OK but I was ignored at lunch time and walked out after 10 minutes without service. Buffet breakfast seemed very expensive. Room clean and comfortable, bathroom clean and worked, although fittings were old and needed updating. Sink faucet was hard to turn and squeaked. Nothing really wrong with this place but it could be nicer. It does need work. A non smoking hotel but you have to walk in past smokers on the steps outside the front door, which is most unpleasant.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends