“Crabby's is the best”

Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We are local and have enjoyed Crabby's more times than I can count. We always celebrate our anniversary there. We prefer lunch time as the prices are lower and the meal is just right. We have taken friends and family there and everyone has always enjoyed their food. The ahi tuna appetizer is great, as is the calamari or the new one we tried last visit - the portabella fries. They were delicious. The soups are good and so is the salad, I recommend the house dressing, honey lavender vinegrette. It is wonderful! My husband always upgrades to the autumn harvest salad.
My personal favorite entree is the sesame encrusted yellowfin tuna with asparagus over jasmin rice with mirin butter sauce.
The food is excellent, the presentation is beautiful, and the atmosphere is nice. I'm not a bread pudding kind of gal but I NEVER go to Crabby's without having an order of the bread pudding for dessert! It is one of the best desserts I've ever had. Have never had anyone think it wasn't fantastic.
Chef Damien Tiregol knows his stuff. If you're looking for a great seafood place in the 4-states area, look no further, Crabby's is the place to go. I think it's the best meal in Joplin.

3  Thank JamieArmyMom

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Last week, I decided to stop by and ordered a" to go": the salmon asparagus salad for me, and the Crabby's burger for my son.
I love this salad: perfect portion, salmon was perfectly cooked and I love the dressing.
My son loves the burger all the way with cheddar cheese and fries.
This was a great treat to reward my young man.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

One of our favorite restaurants in Joplin. Great for lunch and/or dinner. I am making reservations for this coming Thursday for our 29th wedding anniversary. From looking at other reviews it seems to be a hot spot for anniversaries. Our food has always been excellent especially the sea food. We look forward to Thursday.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Have eaten here often, generally very good . . . when kitchen staff is operating with their regulars. Have been here a couple of times when the regular kitchen people were not there--then out of common things like french fries and things that were to be crispy were soggy. But when the A-team in on duty, all is good. Maybe ask at the door, who's doing the cooking.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This was an anniversary dinner out. We picked Crabby's because we have had great experiences previously. Maybe we picked the wrong night. (1) We called and made reservations for dinner. When we got there, the hostess tried to seat us in the bar area. We moved. (2) A friend had ordered a bottle of wine for us to enjoy. Before the wine steward opened it, we said that it wasn't our favorite. He didn't offer to switch or substitute it for something that we liked. (3) It was freezing outside, and the ventilation was blowing cold air. We moved. (4) We had to ask the wait staff if we could order appetizers, for water glasses and for dinner rolls. It shouldn't be this hard to enjoy a dinner out.

1  Thank Mark43

Been to Crabby's? Share your experiences!