“awesome”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
“awesome”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

great food, excellent drink menu...best bartender in town! Friendly staff. Everything cooked to satisfaction and timely. Nice and interesting environment.

Visited July 2014

Joplin, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good restaurant”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Very good quality food 90% of the time; the ambience could be nicer but the staff is wonderful and the liquor quality selection is good

Visited July 2014
“Best in town, Best around!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We love Crabby's - and I don't even like Seafood!

This place is top notch. The atmosphere is superb and we've always had spectacular service. It is upscale but have always felt comfortable wearing whatever attire I have on. A t-shirt isn't going to stop me from eating here!!

The service is always phenomenal. The wait staff and bartenders always know when a menu item has changed and what each dish entails. Food is served fast and hot with plenty of drink refills and a smile.

The food is great - I don't think I've ever gotten anything bad. Even their french fries are delicious! My husband loves the Seafood Risotto and I typically get the Applewood Smoked Chicken Risotto, which I dream about later. We love the Tuna Appetizer and have had several other menu items, all to our liking.

We typically go during lunch and are always thoroughly impressed, however we tried to dine here for dinner one time and ended up leaving. The dinner menu is quite pricey (for the same food you can get at lunch) and we were seated in the bar area, crammed in between some people, with a vent blowing right on us. It was clear right away that it wasn't going to be the same experience that we usually get so we decided to save our Crabby's craving for another day. I am one of Crabby's biggest fans but I do have empathy for some of the negative reviews.

• Visited June 2014
Daegu, South Korea
“Miserable”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Miserable from the moment we were crammed into our RESERVED table. They crammed the 6 of us into a table that was about 5' long by 30" wide. We had reservations but were placed in the bar area in the far back corner, under a freezing vent. We made our displeasure with the cramped table known first with the only response being a curt "smile" and sliding a chair over. Then we told them we were freezing and the blonde waitress touched the AC control and turned back to us, no words. Then she asked if she could take our order. When I said let's address the AC issue first she rudely said did you not just see I did that. We ordered drinks and then food, should have left then but the reviews said the food was good so we thought we could survive the rudeness, wrong decision. Got the salads and soups, not good. Got the food, so so. Talked to the waitress again about why, with reservations, we could not have been placed at a good table in the dining room. She rudely, with a smile on her face, said well did you request the dining room. I said know I was not told there was a separate dining and bar area to which she said, we'll there are. I said that being the case the ownership should notify the customer when making reservations. She disagreed and I tried to get her to understand but clearly she did not care. Again, miserable seating-back corner, chipped paint, in bar, EXTREMELY rude waitress, barely acceptable food but not acceptable for the price and the rude waitress. Advise all to STAY AWAY!!! Save your money or go anywhere but here. Cannot understand any of the good reviews of this place.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank JustvisitinK
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Savory Delicious!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

While it may look like a questionable old building, the inside tells a different story. The atmosphere was modern and relaxing. The food was excellent. It was definitely on the fancier side but not fancy enough to scare away a girl who loves her steaks and potatoes. The appetizers were delicious and unique. The salad was average but the salad dressing was the best I've ever had in my life (I had the warm creamy bacon dressing). The main course was cooked perfect to order. The waiter even brought me a custom dessert to satisfy the cravings of this pregnant girl :) I very much enjoyed the food, atmosphere, and service. The place is pricey - but you get what you pay for.

• Visited January 2014