“OUTSTANDING!”

Big R's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #6 of 225 Restaurants in Joplin
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Smoked barbecue, brisket, pulled pork and ribs being most popular. They also have a large variety of homemade pies that are served as huge slices. very rustic decor and friendly service.
Carl Junction, Missouri
“OUTSTANDING!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife & I recently tried Big R's for the first time. We went for lunch and were promptly seated. The restaurant even for lunch was 80-90% full. Our waitress was very attentive & outgoing.

We ordered their fried mushrooms for an appetizer. These were the BEST fried mushrooms my wife & I have ever had!

My wife then ordered a 1/3lb burger & fries. I ordered their Fried Pork Tenderloin dinner with a salad & potato salad. Both of us were very impressed at the portion size for your money & the quality of food was outstanding!

We then split a piece of Strawberry Lemonade pie for desert. Which was the best pie we have either one ever had!

All in all we both were extremely impressed & will be going back. If you're looking for somewhere in the Joplin area to get 'down home cooking' this is the place to go!

• Visited June 2014

Joplin, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, homemade pie, fun ambiance, bring friends!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you like casual dining, rustic atmosphere, fantastic food, and the best pie in the Four States, you have found the place. This is one of those locally-owned places you want to eat at when in Joplin. Don't miss it and bring friends or family for a fun time. I've eaten here since it opened and never been disappointed.

Canada
“Share.......”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Enjoyed lunch at Big R's ... Had ribs, but they were small and even though tasty, not much meat on them. Four of us were eating and there was enough food for at least eight, if you counted the huge amount of the fries they serve. A piece of pie was enough for two to share and very good. Yum! Nice atmosphere and our waitress was patient and very nice.
*Note..if you don't want a lot of salt on your fries, tell them ahead of time. Our fries were smothered in salt, even after turning them inside out it was too much.

Joplin, Missouri
“Solid BBQ”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Solid BBQ, I've had better but this place was very good. I had pulled pork sandwich and fries. The other diners at my table had a variety of other dishes. Everything we had was good. Prices were higher than alot of BBQ places I've been to recently, but the large portion prices justify the higher prices. I also enjoyed the large mason jars are drinks were served in. The decor was much more fun and inventive than you run of the mill BBQ place.

Scotts, Michigan
“Portions”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

One receives a tremendous amount of food at Big R's. Although it is pretty good, the brisket and pork were a little dry. The baked beans and potato salad (mustard) were excellent. My ice tea was served in a very large mason jar, which was unique. If you like a room surrounded by Sixties items and scattered about in a dark room, sit in the dining room. If you want more light and less clutter then sit in the bar section. They have a tremendous selection of pies with the bulk of them being of the cream variety.

• Visited April 2014