“Really fast service”

Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
“Really fast service”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Ya know how Jimmy John's commercials say "freaky fast delivery?" They have nothing on El Vallarta! My family and I always joke that they deliver the food before you order it.

Does that smack of premade food? Of course. But the food is good and the service is great, so why complain?

The chips and salsa are just okay (I think I'm spoiled by El Charros in Neosho - check out my review). But my family always finishes their food, and they have great enchiladas. My daughter loves their rice.

I eat here about every other month and my family really enjoys it.

Joplin, Missouri
“Best Mexican in town!!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Great food, great price, and big portioning. Girlfriend always wants to go here. If your in town El Vallarta is a must try restaurant

Joplin, Missouri
“Best Mexican Restaurant in Joplin!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have eaten here many times...Best vegetarian menu, best margaritas, shortest wait, wonderful staff!!!!

• Visited May 2014
Oklahoma
“Try the Fabian for a real twist and treat to fajitas”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

A friend and I make a monthly girl trip from Oklahoma to Joplin to a hair salon. We always try to eat at 'other than national chains'. At the salon everyone had a different opinion about the best Mexican food so we decided on El Vallarta (ranked #12 out of 192 in Joplin on Trip Advisor). Really good food, friendly staff, nice ambiance. We both had the Fabian....chicken, green peppers, onion, tomato, bacon and melted cheese, ready to be stuffed in a warm flour tortilla with a side dish of lettuce/tom/onion, guacamole, rice and beans. GREAT! They also have one in Grove, Oklahoma for our friends around Grand Lake. :)

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank tillieannie
Missouri
“A wonderful lunch!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My chicken fajita was great, (took half home) ! My husbands chili rellanos were so good we got 2 to go! Great service too!

• Visited March 2014