“Opa!”

Dining options: Reservations
Joplin, Missouri
“Opa!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Try the Kasseri Cheese appetizer! Service is intentionally slow, so expect to have time to enjoy the company of your guests.

• Visited March 2013

Arkansas
“Great Greek Salad”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Really enjoyed the Greek salad. One of the best I've had. I had the Greek platter and it was also very good. My companion had the Kansas City strip steak and was a little disappointed in it. The waiter told us that their steaks were great so our expectations were high. The bread was very good, both the rolls and the pita bread. Couldn't decide which to dip in the olive oil and balsamic vinegar as both breads were so good. For dessert we had the tiramisu. It was good but a very different interpretation. Overall, we liked it and will go back the next time we go thru Joplin.

Massachusetts, USA
“Big city quality in Joplin”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

No offense meant to the town, but I was surprised to come across such a quality restaurant in Joplin. The atmosphere is of quiet elegance, but relaxed. Fittingly, our server, the magnificently hirsute Matt, was very professional, while being friendly and informative. Though it would be great to explore the menu further, the two of us could not resist the $29.99 special advertised outside. Shared a very tasty spicy feta dip as a starter, then I went with Parmesan Tilapia while my colleague tried the Gyro Platter. Two glasses of house wine each, and coffees, we still only ran up $64! I would expect to be paying into 3 figures anywhere else comparable.

Note that, while Mythos is clearly a Greek restaurant, their menu choices are very wide. Excellent choice!

Joplin, Missouri
“Lots of Food, Good Price”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Maybe too much food! Mythos offers food choices not seen in Joplin at anywhere else. The service is top notch. As soon as you enter, you know that this place is special. Today, I had the angus hamburger, pink in the middle, the way they should be. Lots of choices in Joplin, try Mythos and you will go back again.

Monett
“NEVER DISAPPOINTED!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We love going to Mythos! WE have NEVER had a bad meal there. We were seated immediately as we usually are. We had a new waiter I believe (Robert) but he did a excellent job. We had the flaming appetizer - can never remember what it's called. It was wonderful. We had as our entree's the tuna and the Brie KC Strip. They were both excellent. They have GREAT bathrooms. . . if a restaurant can have a great bathrooms and everything is always so clean. They have just started the new $29.99 special for two which is a AWESOME deal. BUT they won't offer it to you and it's not on the menu. You have to ask for it. It's on the huge flashing billboard outside. . . . . so make sure to ask about it. Our meal was so good we didn't mind . . . plus the items we ordered weren't on the $29.99 selection. We will be going back this Thursday to celebrate my birthday and we will go with the special. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED . . . and don't let the "no cars" in the parking lot fool you. The parking is on the sides and in the back so you never can really tell how many people are there. PLUS less cars then no wait! Which is what I like. Ask for Damen if you go in there. . . he has been there a LONG time and is a great waiter. . . . although I doubt you will be disappointed with any of their servers because HE trains them. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ThadH781

Been to Mythos? Share your experiences!