“Not great but not terrible....just okay”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Lawrenceville
“Not great but not terrible....just okay”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

This town had been hit by a tornado (but not the area where this motel is) and we realize there most likely had been a lot of workers helping to rebuild this town staying here, so that may be why it seemed a bit worn to us. Our room was on the main floor with outside entrance..able to park right at door which we like. The room itself was a little worn but not nasty dirty, wifi service was awful, small sink and vanity was separate from bathroom, breakfast was basic; nothing special but sufficient for us. Staff was very friendly, quiet room, fairly comfy bed. We appreciate the fact that this motel had been used a lot by volunteers helping the community, so all in all our stay here was fine.
We used coupon from Room Saver booklet; total with tax was $61.81. Couple in front of us checking in got same size room but did not have coupon and they paid $40 more.

Room Tip: Pick up a room saver coupon booklet at rest areas, restaurants, area attractions, etc...provides con...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Pamela C, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
We have had the pleasure of hosting many of the volunteers and other work crews following the tornado. And you are correct, it did stretch both staff and facilities. Since then we’ve gotten a new general manager and have been able to freshen up a bit (so far, new TVs and hall carpeting)! Our wifi service is more consistent now, and we still have coupons in a couple of the travel booklets.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bull Shoals, Arkansas
Reviewed 20 May 2012

This hotel was dirty and the hall carpet expecially need replacing (dirty and old). The pool wasn't working upon arrival, the non-smoking rooms were not non-smoking. Upon arrival there were two complaints in the time it took to check in, and one complaint (not mine) upon check out. Upon check out desk clerk asked how was her stay, and she told them the room was dirty and stunk of smoke, and desk clerk said there wasn't anything she could do, (then why ask?). My reservation made on their website, was off by a buck or so, and they weren't willing to make the adjustment. They told me it was only a buck. Well then, if it is only a buck then why don't Baymont take the hit? Ask for an interior room (not a balcony room) if you DON"T want to smell stale smoke. And my girlfriend got a tick on her toe, she thinks from the be/room. I kept feeling something biteing me in the bed. Very opposite experience from the other comments.

Room Tip: Interior rooms smell better.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Pamela C, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
I am terribly sorry to hear that you had such an experience at our hotel. You will be happy to know that a new general manager took over this past fall, and we’ve been improving ever since. For example we have new hall carpeting and better customer service than what it sounds like you experienced. I don’t know the exact state of cleanliness when you stayed, but we keep a pretty clean property, so I have to assume that area has also improved since your stay.

In light of our improvements, we hope you’ll consider staying with us again.
Texarkana, Arkansas
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I can try to make this short and sweet..
OK, so.. Im a mother of #, but only 2 were withe me in Joplin, Mo. My husband is working to rebuild Joplin so we decided to Spring break with daddy right:) NOT.. Joplin is raining cats and dogs! We have stayed in Joplin, but never at Baymont. Im thinking were toast.. No fun for us! Wrong! Called Amber the local day manager, told her what, when and how much i had to salvage my trip and she made it happen!! We had such a nice, VERY CLEAN room ( thanx Sherry!) Every morning Cindy was buzzzing around fixin up a good breakfast for everyone. Im talkin a FULL breakfast! Not a cupcake out tha door. We stayed the whole week swimming and having such a great time. If Kendra from front desk can put up with me and my kids... you are good as gold! Laundry=FREE! Dial the OH SO LONG DISTANT # ON TOTAL ACCIDENT= FREE! My husband was able to work from the hotel thanks to the free wifi and relaxing desk we had in our room. I dont think I will stay anywhere else in Joplin. This is like being at my house, except I dont have to cook breakfast. We made the best of our stormy spring break.. I look forward to an amazing summer with Baymont in Joplin! Thanks to everyone there who went 100% and made our stay so great!

Room Tip: Room 338 is quiet and nice.. Its mine come summer so dont even think about it:)
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kylie p
Pamela C, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
We are so happy that we could accommodate you and your family with the weather not cooperating with you. We look forward to having your family again the next time you are in town.
We are under new management, and have made several improvements since you last stayed. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to visit trip advisor, and reviewing our hotel. Hope to see your family again soon.

Management
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stay at many hotels in SW MO, for work and in Joplin - the Baymont Inns and Suites, is the only place for me!!!

Front desk staff: Amber and Melissa are awesome! They take care of my every need as fast and discreetly as possible. I've seen them go the extra mile to accommodate "difficult" guest and truly work as a TEAM!

Dont miss out on Ms. Cindy's breakfast - she keeps everything stocked, clean and ive witnessed her physically help hotel guest with special needs, to get breakfast, unload or load vehicle, supply guest with more towels, soap, do not disturb signs, etc....she really goes the extra mile for the guest.

Ms Irene in Laundry and Carla in housekeeping are other great staff members to have around.

this group of ladies, really take pride in their jobs and make this property a joy to stay at while on the road!

Keep up the great work Ladies!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank robin d
Pamela C, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to having you again. We take much pride in striving to keep a staff on hand that is willing to go the extra mile and provide our guests with any and all their needs, we are happy to hear that we have that type of staff. We look forward to seeing you again, and thank you for choosing Baymont Inn of Joplin, Mo.
Holbrook, New York, United States
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I was at the Baymont due to the passing of my Father. Lisa in housekeeping checked with us each day to see if there was anything she could do for us. She did this beyond her housekeeping duties...It is people like Lisa that makes each day bearable. She is a great person and a asset to your hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Pamela C, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Losing a loved one is always difficult. We’re glad that our staff was able to offer that level of personal service. We strive to be a hotel where, along with clean rooms, our guests consistently receive great service from a friendly staff.

We hope to see you again and hopefully it is under happier circumstances.