“smoking room”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Joplin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I booked 2 nights here for my relatives, paid extra & received confirmation for a non-smoking room. The room, upon arrival, reeked of cigarettes. The smell was so strong it lingers on their hair & clothing every-time they go outside. They complained the towels are yellow and blackened in color. The carpet on the floor is sticky. The hotel is old, dirty and worn down. They stuck with it for 2 nights because they do not speak any English.

I was informed when they got back home. I called and spoke to Monica at the front desk about the smoking and condition of the room. She sounds like she cannot careless and just tries to end the conversation. She stated that the prior guest probably smoked and the hotel did not clean it out. I said that that is unfair to the next Guest, whom you charge for a non-smoking room but was put in a smoking one. It is the hotel's responsibility to clean it out or make arrangements so that doesn't happen. To which she replied "Yea.. yea"

So when I asked to speak to a Manager, this is how the conversation goes:

-He's not here right now
-When may I call back for him?
-.... I don't know.... You can call tomorrow
- Is there a particular time or I can just call anytime tomorrow?
- There's no time tomorrow, actually. You can just call
- Do you have a corporate number I can call?
- No, there's no time for that
- No time for a Corporate number??
- Um... hold on. (Heard her asking someone for the Corporate number. She comes back couple moments later) No, actually we're not allowed to give out our Corporate number.

With all that being said, judge for yourself about the practice of this place.

Room Tip: If you want non-smoking room, it is base on your luck if you happen to get one. The hotel does not h...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
rebekah b, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
I am terribly sorry about your relatives stay at our hotel. Unfortunately the General Manager you had asked to speak with was taking a leave of absence for personal reasons and the staff was unaware of his exact return (he did wind up not returning). The rude front desk staff you spoke with is no longer with this company. We take all guest reviews to heart good or bad and try to make the necessary improvements. The staff as a whole wants this property to continue to improve.

Rebekah
Operations Manager
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The staff is the best. They even rearranged my room to make it more convenient for me to manuvuer in a wheelchair and walker. They all smile and if you reguest something they seem happy to comply. The rooms are a little dated but it seems they are working on it. The breakfast was good and they delivered it to my room with a paper. Wow

• Stayed July 2014
Matthew M, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will let the staff know how much you enjoyed their service. We are striving to provide our guests with exceptional guest service and comments like yours show we are on the right track. We hope to see you again real soon in the near future. Thank you for choosing Baymont Inn & Suites of Joplin.

Matthew Miller
Canastota, New York
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The stay was great and the room was immaculate. The manager was great and helped a lot. Thank you for an enjoyable stay and I will be using your Inn again. Breakfast was good and enjoyable after our long trip and stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Matthew M, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and i sincerely thank you for taking the time to go on-line and review your hotel stay. We have worked hard to improve all areas of our hotel and love it when that is recognized by the guest, after all, the guest is our most important focus. We hope to see you again real soon. Thank you for choosing Baymont Inn & Suites of Joplin.

Matthew Miller