“V-Day Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Joplin

and 1 more site!
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Joplin
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Joplin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
North Liberty
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Right when I walk into the Hotel, a puff of weird smell hits me hard; almost like a cigarette smell, but off. ALL of our towels were stained with women's make-up/eyeliner. The bedding seemed clean, but everything else seemed filthy. Our door peep-hole was stuffed with gross toilet paper; presumably from the prior tenants.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

KimHJoplin, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Joplin, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
I do apologize for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay. Unfortunately we do have smoking rooms and often the cigarette smell makes its way out of those rooms and into the hallways. We do try to combat the odor as best we can but when all the smoking rooms are occupied, or we have a heavy smoker, it can be quite difficult to keep the odor out of the public areas. I apologize for the condition of the linens in your room as well as the room itself. I have spoken with the laundry and housekeeping staff concerning these issues.
Providence
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Second time in two years that I've stayed here. Very affordable and helpful employees. Clean, quiet, no frills but with everything you need.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Crystal City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

The ONLY reason we booked this hotel 2 months ago was because it had an indoor pool. When we arrived, we found out it was closed for the season. Why is an INDOOR pool closed in the winter?! We've stayed at several hotels in the winter; never was the pool closed.

The curtains don't close all the way; can't wait for the sun to wake me up before I want. The Guest Service Directory is torn, bent and coffee stained. If we'd been consoled or had friendly service when we got here, some of this would not be a big deal.

The front desk worker seemed bothered by our presence, let alone our questions.

Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
KimHJoplin, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Joplin, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
I do apologize for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay here at the Joplin, MO Microtel. Our indoor pool is not heated thus it is closed during the colder time of the year. The notice of the pool closing was posted on all websites prior to the closing on Oct. 20th. I would like to apologize for the condition of the blackout curtains, we are currently in the process of getting those replaced. Thank you for informing me of the poor condition of the Guest Directory, I have made sure that it has been replaced with a new one. I have also informed housekeeping to always replace any worn out material in all the rooms. I apologize for the lack of customer service from the front desk staff and I assure you that I have met with all desk staff members and reiterated the importance of providing good customer service.

Travellers are raving about these Joplin hotels