“Delicious!!!!”

Ranked #2 of 232 Restaurants in Joplin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I can't imagine this place not getting 5 stars by anyone! We were so happy to discover this little jewel last year while traveling to Texas. We always stop in Joplin on our way through from St. Louis and we're always disappointed with Joplin's food UNTIL we found The Eagle. Now we look forward to stopping in Joplin just to be able to eat here :-)

I always thought the burgers were the best UNTIL I had their mac n cheese. OMG! My mouth is watering while I'm writing this. lol I've eaten at MANY places and have never had mac and cheese like this. My mother can't even make it like this ;-)

The only complaint I'd have is that it's way too small of a place. It's always packed when we come through. The service is always fantastic. Sometimes, they'll even let you sample new drinks :-) This is definitely the place to eat in Joplin MO!

BTW... be sure and order the burger with the quail egg!

There are newer reviews for The Eagle Drive-In

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Saw all the good reviews Yelp, Urban Spoon, and Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try; glad I did. Had fried calamari, the jalapeno burger, the lamb burger, and chili fo a party of four. Service was incredibly friendly and fast. Food was fantasticc and you can choose from beef, bison, elk, and lamb for the burgers; awesome. Enjoyed all we had. The calamari is a bit different from most I have had. Most is just the rings but here you get tenticles, body, and rings. Loved it. Will definetly visit again.

1  Thank JustvisitinK
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Thanks, TripAdvisors! I followed you advice to Eagle Drive-In while passing through Missouri. It's a very short drive off I-44 so there's no excuse not to stop there every time you pass. The interior is small, but energized by eclectic and lively decor. The server, Jason, was friendly and helpful, letting us know what else there is to do in Joplin and his favorites on the menu. We each had a burger. Mine was the Eagle Burger, my husband's chose lean elk for his (#6 on the menu). We shared the Goulash Fries and barely made a dent in the portion. A table of 6 could feast and feel full. These are fries topped with the Eagle's mac and cheese as well as the prime rib chili. Very tasty. The menu is not ordinary; it's extra-ordinary with items not often found in the area. We plan to stop when we can and try other items.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Varity of burgers with beef, buffalo and vegi. The sauces and the way they prepare the food makes for a tasty treat. Have other food that is just as good.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stopped there for lunch around 2:00 p.m. while passing through on our way to St. Louis. It was still very busy even as late as that, so we assumed it was a popular place. We had to sit at the bar since those were the only seats left. It was definitely a unique place. Lots of interesting stuff on the menu, and I love that kind of place. I had a salad with black bean fritters. My husband had a burger with a quail egg on top. We both really enjoyed our meals.