“Gross and filthy!”
Review of Motel 6 Joplin

Motel 6 Joplin
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Joplin
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We got into town late and needed a place to catch a few winks and continue on our journey. Since Motel 6 advertises "pet friendly" we thought it would be a good place to bed down with our pets. OMG! A flea bath may be on the agenda. My dogs even deserve more than the room offered. The carpet and bathroom floor was sticky. There was hair in the shower and I found a hair on the "fresh" towels. We found a hair on the sheet when we pulled the covers back. Not sure which region of the body it came from. The air conditioner did not work at all. The fan blew warm air out and blew harder on medium than high. The toilet ran all night. There were people hollering around outside at all hours of the night. We usually never complain and go with the flow. You get what you pay for. But, this by far was a truly bad experience.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank missouribound

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We pulled into town late and didn't have reservations. We stopped here and had the most horrible, loud, dirty stay!!
There were people coming and going all night. Fighting outside of our window, jump starting their cars, slamming car doors and room doors. When we left the next morning, they were still coming and going. We really believe there was illegal activity going on.
The bed was dirty and extremely uncomfortable. The carpet was by far the dirtiest I have ever, every seen. If it hadn't been so late and we weren't so tired, we would have checked out.
Do not stay here!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbiegirl10
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I searched carefully for the least expensive hotel/motel in Joplin, and this is where I ended up. The property is located on a busy street (ask for a room that doesn't face the street, BTW), in an area with lots of other motels, fast food restaurants, etc., and is classic motel style, with 2 floors and external doors that look right out on the parking lot. The room was well-lit but spartan, with no courtesy shampoo or clock radio. The shower stall is in the corner of the bathroom, and has just enough space to turn around. There is wifi in the room, but you have to pay an extra $2.99 plus tax to get the access code.

My chief complaint is with the housekeeping. All 4 pillows (which were stained and old) were lacking pillowcases; i was displeased to discover this just as I was going to bed, and had to walk down to the office to get some. The blankets had a few stray hairs attached, and someone should at least shake them out. There were a couple of stray hairs in the shower stall, too. Finally, although the room was non-smoking, there was clearly a residual cigarette smoke odor. I will flag all of these issues upon checkout.

I cross-checked prices on all of the travel websites and with the chain's own website, and always got the same price. I found a coupon code which got me a 5% corporate discount. Total price was $46.73, including tax but not including cost of wifi.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Bonbonmontreal
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The desk clerk was friendly and the room clean. The first room the door wouldn't open and the second room had no air. Fortunately it wasn't a hot night and we were just needing a bed. The bed was quite ftm as well. Probably would look at a different motel if we came through here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Pulled in here after midnight february 19th. it was this for 49 or the La Quinta for 89. Lady at the front desk was very friendly and gave me the key to room 113. Room was clean, bed was soft. No frills, but for 49 dollars I didn't expect any.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank dw99992
Reviewed 22 October 2011

When I planned to visit Joplin I wondered if this location had been damaged by the devastating tornado that hit the city in May, 2011. I discovered that the path of the tornado was from southwest to northeast, missing the motel by several blocks. The motel was fine, and I had no problems. The only thing to mention is that it isn't far from the Kansas City Southern RR tracks and I heard the sound of the freight trains whistling now and then through the night. Motel 6 is on busy Rangeline Road, which runs north and south, north of I-44. I got a room in the back, and I wasn't bothered by the sound of traffic from either the Road or the Interstate. There was a car repairshop next door in the back, and I heard the sound of a very loud radio coming from the garage when I checked in around 4 PM. Luckily that noise was eliminated by sunset. The only other thing I can comment about this location is that I found the shower nozzle to be unusually low, set around 5 foot 6 inches. I'm 6 feet 6 inches tall, and I have never been in a shower where the water was coming out at chest level. However I would stay here again since overall this motel offers very good value compared to what other motel chains are charging these days.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank TallTexWally
Reviewed 13 September 2011

When I read the reviews, I was hesitant to book a room, but it was a business trip and I was literally there to sleep, shower and leave so the low price made it worth any inconvenience. The room was small but clean, the temperature controls worked well, and the shower and bath were surprisingly roomy and well laid out. Obviously, no glowing praise, but the question is, "Was it worth the money and would I stay there again?"

The answer: Yes.