“Where is all the customer service?” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Joplin

Motel 6 Joplin
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Cedar Creek, Texas
“Where is all the customer service?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

The place is under construction which is a good thing, it needs updating desperately. The bathroom was clean, we had to wait a couple hours for hot water but it was good when it was finally heated up. I pulled the blanket back on the spare bed and there were black hairs all over the pillow. The bed I guess most people prefer to sleep in was clean. The staff at the front desk were very rude and unhelpful, that was very disappointing to me. We stayed 3 nights and not once was a thoughtful greeting or word given to us by any of the staff. I guess you do get what you pay for. Oh yeah, and there was a gap between the door so big it was like an ice cooler, and if you turned the heat up within 5 minutes you were dying from the heat. I was definately glad to get back home, next time we visit the Grandkids we'll pay 20$ more and go 1/2 mile down the road and have a comfortable stay!

Room Tip: My tip for a better room is to pick a better hotel!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

I must start off by saying... it took 1 hour to heat a room... they still have tube television... no RCA jacks or HDMI cable for DVD player... the bathroom was extremely dirty... the room was so drafty . I felt like I was in a cardboard box . when the morning came I could see daylight around the entire door... it was the worst stay I have ever had out of all the hotels and motels I have visited in Missouri... I would not recommend this place to my worst relative... be wise and not have a stay in this establishment... they need a severe upgrade

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Joplin hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

We got into town late and needed a place to catch a few winks and continue on our journey. Since Motel 6 advertises "pet friendly" we thought it would be a good place to bed down with our pets. OMG! A flea bath may be on the agenda. My dogs even deserve more than the room offered. The carpet and bathroom floor was sticky. There was hair in the shower and I found a hair on the "fresh" towels. We found a hair on the sheet when we pulled the covers back. Not sure which region of the body it came from. The air conditioner did not work at all. The fan blew warm air out and blew harder on medium than high. The toilet ran all night. There were people hollering around outside at all hours of the night. We usually never complain and go with the flow. You get what you pay for. But, this by far was a truly bad experience.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank missouribound
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

We pulled into town late and didn't have reservations. We stopped here and had the most horrible, loud, dirty stay!!
There were people coming and going all night. Fighting outside of our window, jump starting their cars, slamming car doors and room doors. When we left the next morning, they were still coming and going. We really believe there was illegal activity going on.
The bed was dirty and extremely uncomfortable. The carpet was by far the dirtiest I have ever, every seen. If it hadn't been so late and we weren't so tired, we would have checked out.
Do not stay here!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Barbiegirl10
Montreal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

I searched carefully for the least expensive hotel/motel in Joplin, and this is where I ended up. The property is located on a busy street (ask for a room that doesn't face the street, BTW), in an area with lots of other motels, fast food restaurants, etc., and is classic motel style, with 2 floors and external doors that look right out on the parking lot. The room was well-lit but spartan, with no courtesy shampoo or clock radio. The shower stall is in the corner of the bathroom, and has just enough space to turn around. There is wifi in the room, but you have to pay an extra $2.99 plus tax to get the access code.

My chief complaint is with the housekeeping. All 4 pillows (which were stained and old) were lacking pillowcases; i was displeased to discover this just as I was going to bed, and had to walk down to the office to get some. The blankets had a few stray hairs attached, and someone should at least shake them out. There were a couple of stray hairs in the shower stall, too. Finally, although the room was non-smoking, there was clearly a residual cigarette smoke odor. I will flag all of these issues upon checkout.

I cross-checked prices on all of the travel websites and with the chain's own website, and always got the same price. I found a coupon code which got me a 5% corporate discount. Total price was $46.73, including tax but not including cost of wifi.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Bonbonmontreal
Moberly, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

The desk clerk was friendly and the room clean. The first room the door wouldn't open and the second room had no air. Fortunately it wasn't a hot night and we were just needing a bed. The bed was quite ftm as well. Probably would look at a different motel if we came through here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Pulled in here after midnight february 19th. it was this for 49 or the La Quinta for 89. Lady at the front desk was very friendly and gave me the key to room 113. Room was clean, bed was soft. No frills, but for 49 dollars I didn't expect any.

• Stayed February 2012