“Better than price would indicate”
Review of Motel 6 Joplin

Motel 6 Joplin
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Joplin
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Mid $40.00 for price. Close to food. Rooms clean. Was suprised by laminate flooring, but was easy to see that it was clean. Front desk called after I had been in room a while checking that it was OK. Bed feels good but haven't slept yet. I grabbed card at desk to keep address for future.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I had to stop in Joplin due to bad weather on my way to Oklahoma on 12/20/13.
First off, the price was GREAT.
Secondly, they must've renovated because my room was VERY modern, stylish, and clean. The outside may not be much to look at, but I was VERY impressed with my room, and the bathroom which also looked like it had been remodeled with a new shower and updated sink and fixtures. I was VERY impressed. The flat screen tv was awesome, as was my VERY comfortable bed. I really liked the modern look to the room and wish I had taken pictures, so I could share them. The photos online of the floral bedspreads and wooden furniture are NOT current.

The only issue I had during my stay was that the upper balcony walkway became icy (I was there because there was an ice storm), but upon alerting the front desk, they had maintenance salt immediately. I was impressed that they handled the issue so promptly. Well done!

Room Tip: i enjoyed my corner room upstairs. It was perfect.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Carrie S
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Talk about getting what you pay for..this was by far the least expensive motel in Joplin and definitely the bottom of the barrel of any Motel 6 I've stayed at in over 40 years! I only stayed for 6 hours and it was 5.50 hours too long. At least the bed was comfortable and I got hot water for my shower, but the outside and public areas were FILTHY, dirt and trash and cigarette butts everywhere. Pool was closed and ice machine broken - not what I need in the middle of summer in Missouri. Apparently they are trying to "remodel"; but I could only tell by the left over construction trash everywhere. The bedspread had 8-10 stains on it and the plastic molding between the floor and walls was already coming unglued in spots and showing some pretty nasty looking wall behind it. It is not in a good neighborhood and was surprised to have found my car NOT broken into the next morning. It wasn't even worth complaining about to the desk person- they obviously don't have any pride in this location and it shows.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank SouthwestSurfgirl
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Joplin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear SouthwestSufrgirl - Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The property conditions, cleanliness and maintenance issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Never again!!! I would rather sleep in a tent because it would be cleaner. The air didn't work & the door was hard to open so we switched rooms which wasn't much better. Air didn't blow cold, it stunk bad, & very dirty. Couldn't sleep because all the noise & traffic coming in & out (plus keeping an eye on our car). Not a good place for children. I've stayed at plenty of the Motel 6's from here to Texas this one is by far the nastiest place I've ever been to.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we and another gentleman had to wait quite a few minutes before front desk staff arrived. The lady was very nice once she made herself available.
The motel must be doing some remodeling or decorating as beds were outside of rooms and there was a paint vinegar smell.
Our room was clean as was the bathroom. The bedroom itself had to be one of the smallest we've ever stayed in ever.
No coffee in the rooms but free coffee at 6 am in the lobby area.
We arrived late so beds and sleep were all we needed so the price was right under $50 with tax and all plus out dog was able to stay with us for same price.
However if we were going to be in town longer the rm would of been lacking.
Beds were adequate

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 20 February 2013

The place is under construction which is a good thing, it needs updating desperately. The bathroom was clean, we had to wait a couple hours for hot water but it was good when it was finally heated up. I pulled the blanket back on the spare bed and there were black hairs all over the pillow. The bed I guess most people prefer to sleep in was clean. The staff at the front desk were very rude and unhelpful, that was very disappointing to me. We stayed 3 nights and not once was a thoughtful greeting or word given to us by any of the staff. I guess you do get what you pay for. Oh yeah, and there was a gap between the door so big it was like an ice cooler, and if you turned the heat up within 5 minutes you were dying from the heat. I was definately glad to get back home, next time we visit the Grandkids we'll pay 20$ more and go 1/2 mile down the road and have a comfortable stay!

Room Tip: My tip for a better room is to pick a better hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

I must start off by saying... it took 1 hour to heat a room... they still have tube television... no RCA jacks or HDMI cable for DVD player... the bathroom was extremely dirty... the room was so drafty . I felt like I was in a cardboard box . when the morning came I could see daylight around the entire door... it was the worst stay I have ever had out of all the hotels and motels I have visited in Missouri... I would not recommend this place to my worst relative... be wise and not have a stay in this establishment... they need a severe upgrade

• Stayed: October 2012