“Great Value.”
Review of Motel 6 Joplin

Motel 6 Joplin
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Joplin
Reviewed 26 October 2010

We enjoyed our stay. The beds were decently comfortable, everything was clean, and I liked the large bathroom.

The room had only one chair - two would have been better - and no fridge in room. I had to pay $3.00 for the WIFI and it worked off and on.

It made up for the lack of amenities by having a very decent rate - which was what we wanted. All we needed was to sleep - we didn't hang out there.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 July 2010

I was traveling with my family (my husband, 9 year old daughter, 6 year old daughter and 2 year old son). We wanted inexpensive yet "decent" and needed access to the internet. We checked into our room without incident. When we got to our room, there was gnats flying around, a dead bug under the bathroom sink, 2 towels and 2 wash rags, a bar of soap and NO shampoo. I went to the front desk to ask for shampoo which they replied "We do not supply shampoo". What? Who doesn't supply shampoo but offers soap??? Shampoo is sold in the vending machine, a SMALL package for $2.25. The wi-fi cost extra as well (which most chains offer for free) and I had 1 signal bar on my laptop that I bought about 10 days before our trip. I would not recommend visiting here to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2009

I'm not sure why people are giving this place a bad review because I thought this was the best Motel6 out of all the ones I've stayed at in the past. It must have been recently renovated because the card reader for the front door was different (new and more effective) and the bathroom had a new toilet and shower stall (a funky round shower stall). When I arrived, I thought the lady at the front desk was really nice but the guys working the desk in the morning were a different story. Overall, I'd recommend this place to anyone traveling on a budget. Wi-Fi costs $2.99 but you can easily drive down the street and park your car with your computer in front of Comfort Inn to use their internet.

The only problem that I had with the room was with the deadbolt. It kept getting jammed and wouldn't go in the door. I had to turn the knob and jerk the handle firmly to get the deadbolt to retract so that I could close the door. Other than that, the location was great, the cost of the room can't be beat, and the room didn't feel like your typical dirty Motel6.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2008

Walked into this dump and the first thing I see is the dirt ridden vending machine area. The front desk staff were unbelievably rude. We checked into a room and the carpeting is so nasty we refused to take our shoes off. The blankets came right off the bed. They were crunchy and icky. I killed 6 flies before realizing they were multiplying. stayed here because our truck broke down and it is next to the shop. STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2008

Stopped here because they allow pets. The property appeared to have been recently renovated. Our room was very clean and virtually flawless. The staff was nice and even photcopied some sheets for another guest at no charge. I can't speak to the two prior reviews of this property but perhaps they were prior to the renovation. I was extremely impressed with the quality of the room and for $44 thought it was a very nice stay. TV had full cable as opposed to the usual 10-12 channels you get at Motel 6. For a clean place to stay after a long day of driving this is the spot.

Tip: Have a meal at Cheddar's nearby if you get the chance. I was stunned by the low prices and quality of the food and service.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 28 October 2007

This is the worst Motel 6 ever. Staff is rude and they will lie to you to get your money. My wife and I checked in inquiring about a queen sized bed (versus the two full beds they always try to pawn off on you). They said I could have the last one if we didn't mind the handicapped access room. We said no problem. Total bill for two people with tax was $50.00. When we got to the room the room stunk upon opening the door and there were two standard sized beds instead of the one. The room was filthy to boot. We went back to the office and got our money and after confronting them about their lying they said they must have misunderstood. What a crock. Don't waste your time. We went to several other motels in Joplin and nobody had nice rooms for reasonable rates so we went to Neosho, MO and stayed at the Plymouth Rock which was much nicer and was about $40 per night. Business must be good in Joplin as the quality of motels in this interstate town is very suspect and prices are high (hey people, it is after Labor Day and gas is headed north of $3.00- Wake up or go out of business!)

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rockchalktraveler
Reviewed 20 January 2004

Motel 6 Joplin was in fact the WORST motel I have ever stayed in!
Cigarette burns on the sheets, broken glass on the floor, carpet so durty you wouldn't want your shoes to touch it, car on blocks with no tires in the parking lot. RUDE staff and at $39.00 a night for 2 people a SHAME! Take my word for it,,, stay at another Joplin hotel and don't make the same mistake myself and I'm sure countless others have!

6  Thank jjasparks