“King Sized!”

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Pittsburg, Kansas
“King Sized!”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I was thrilled to have been able to reserve a king size bed...and even more excited when I had enough reward points to use to "pay" for the room. The room could have been a bit longer, but was overall comfortable and relaxing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nathan N, Manager at Best Western The Oasis at Joplin, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
I am thrilled that you got a chance to stay here with us and was able to make use of them best western rewards points. It is great that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will stay with us anytime you are in the area. Thank you so much for your review!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Nothing wrong with this place for a stop over. We were driving route 66 and this place was perfect for a stop over. Nice swimming pool. Small breakfast area, but good to get a feed before hitting the road. Hotel room was fine, good shower. Good TV

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
I hope that you enjoyed traveling route 66 and got to see lots of neat things. I would like to thank you for telling us how your stay was and glad that you enjoyed it. Our breakfast area is a little tiny at the moment and that is the reason we have decided to do a complete remodel on our lobby and breakfast area. So, if you come back through town you should stop by and check it out.
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Hotel is a remodled older version, but done with very shabby workmanship. Front desk under construction with very limited breakfast with not too friendly front desk staff. Room was okay, overpriced for what we got. Lots of bugs so be prepared to deal with crickets, roaches, and others. Better off at Motel 6 or Holiday Inn. Pool is small and cleaniness questionable.
Entrance is questionable and trickey do to construction right in front of property you have to drvie through a gas station parking lot to get to hotel which can be dangerous.
Located down the street from plenty of chain stores and places to eat and right off the hwy are the only plus.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review and it is great to get all feedback from guest so that we can improve our hotel for all future guest. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay but we have fixed all the problems you encountered. The breakfast is small but we our under construction to fix that issue. The room that you stayed in has been sprayed, cleaned, and sprayed again to exterminate any bugs you might of encountered. I really hope tha you will give us another chance if you are in town and you can call me directly at the hotel if you would like to setup a reservation.

Travellers are raving about these Joplin hotels

Joplin, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was by far the worst BW I have ever stayed at, dirty, smells, poor room, bad part of town, poorly maintained and the tiniest breakfast area ever.. run ! For being an "oasis" this was a nightmare, the only good part was we were there for a quick pit stop on a long trip, would never want to subject my family to this for more than a couple hours..many other options in the area, pick another name in Joplin

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Robert K
I am so sorry that you had a bad stay with us and I assure you that it is not the standard for our hotel. We strive to make each and every one of our guest have an enjoyable stay. It would be wonderful if you would like to give us another chance to do the same for you. You can call me directly at the hotel and I will do everything I can to make sure that your stay goes 100 times better then your previous one. Thank you for your review and we will take all the feedback you left to implement improvements for our future guest.
Olathe, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I have stayed in this motel approximately 40 times per year the past three years, and have always felt it was a great value. The staff is always accommodating, cheerful, and willing to do anything to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The rooms are very clean, the breakfast is excellent, and the service is great..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Becky C, Manager at Best Western The Oasis at Joplin, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Hey Terry, we are glad that you got the chance to tell everyone about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. It is great any time that you stay with us and you are always just as pleasnt as our staff. We look forward to your next stay and thank you for your loyalty to the hotel.
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We have stayed at this hotel in Joplin on a previous occasion and were satisfied with hotel. When we returned we automatically booked with them again. This time around we were very dissatisfied with our accommodations. We were spending two nights. Our first night they gave us a room that was infested with flies in the bathroom, had a broken toilet seat that was not hinged, a fire alarm went off in the middle of the night after we turned on the heating system and it smelled bad. There was also mold in the shower area. The worst thing though was that I found a candy wrapper in the bed the NEXT MORNING! It was not from a Hershey Kiss that they leave on the pillow to welcome you, it was from a Kit-Kat bar. I told the girl at the front desk, she wrote down the problems and told me to come back when the manager arrives. I came back told the manager and he said that he would have the problems taken care of. He credited our account $15.00 for the night. Well we got back and the room was still a mess, even though it had been cleaned. The toilet seat was still broken, and flies were still buzzing all around. Also the tub still had hair and a wrapper from the soap that was in the drain-but the room had been cleaned?? I went back to the manager and he said I NEVER reported the flies and that since it is a street level entry flies should be expected--I wonder why they would congregate in the bathroom?? I told him yes I did report the flies to him and the young lady and he again denied it. He said I will call maintenance and have them fix the seat. At that point I told him I wouldn't stay in that room. He moved us to the adjacent room and it was like a completely different place. Won't stay after this stay again. Sadly is was a good rate for the area but sometimes you get what you pay for. I also did not appreciate being told I didn't report a certain problem when it WAS reported to the young lady at the front desk and also THE MANAGER himself. I specifically said there were four problems and listed them to both people.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am extrememly sorry that we did not meet your expectations and would love to have the opportunity to win you back. We do take pride in trying to make each and every one of guest happy and guarntee that we will do our best if you decide to stay here again. It is also important that you gave us this review, so that we can try to improve in any area that might of been negative to any of our guest. Thanks again and we are sorry that your stay was not very enjoyable.
Columbia
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Service was good but the hotel was run down and smelled. Loud! We could hear everything above us. Dark and it was an outside entrance. Water under the air conditioner, cricket in the bathroom. Not sure if bottom sheet had been changed. Sour milk at breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Patricia T
First I would like to apologize that you had a bad stay with us and I would also like to thank you for your honest review. It is important to hear from each one of our guest and espically on any topic that we might be able to improve for the next guest. The light outsider your room was burned out and might be why it seemed so dark to you. I assure you that all the problems you might of encountered have been addressed and hope that you will stay with us again.