“Small room but very nice”

Best Western The Oasis at Joplin
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
“Small room but very nice”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights. We got the king bed room. The room was small but overall it was very comfortable. The pool was nice and when I was using it the max ppl that was there was 3. We ate breakfast which for the price of the room was nice. We enjoyed our stay very much. The staff was very nice and courteous. The free washer/dryer was an added bonus.

Stayed July 2014
Thank Donald Brenda D... P
Nathan N, Manager at Best Western The Oasis at Joplin, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay and it's great that you enjoyed your time with us. If you are ever back in Joplin then you should try one of our King Leisure rooms, they are a little more spacious and you still get all the wonderful amenities you got to enjoy. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Warrensburg, Missouri
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Rooms were clean, but extremely small. Small dorm refrigerator was set on the floor (Top of refrig was two feet high) so you had to kneel to get in to it. Microwave sat on top of refrig, so you had to kneel in order to use it.
The microwave and refrig where next to the sink. No sink in the bathroom, so you washed your hands, brushed your teeth, made coffee, etc, with-in four feet of the bathroom.
We had flies and mosquitoes in our room. I got up at 2 AM to use the bathroom and stepped on something, when I turned the light on it was three cockroaches. Also had some other hard shelled bugs running around. (Maybe that is why they charged us $94.00, we had the group rate?) When I brought this to the attention of the front desk, the lady was kind of snippy and said "Well, with outside entrances to the rooms, there is nothing we can do about it.
The pillows were the type when you laid your head on them they disappeared and became as flat as the sheets.
This room (129) was located on the back side of the hotel behind it. No directions given to the room, just drive around until you find it, park and then search for it.
I went to the lobby at 5:30 AM to see about coffee and a newspaper (The in room info guide says a newspaper is free upon request at the front desk.), there was no one around and the coffee pots were empty. I went back at 7:30 AM and still no coffee and no one at the front desk. I saw a young lady bring breakfast items out and asked her about the coffee. I got a very snippy "We are trying!". I understand not having coffee in the lobby at 5:30 AM, but not at 7:30 AM.
A lot of kids and the place did appear busy, but customer service is your problem, not mine.
Other pet peeves:
The clock in the room was flashing and I had to set it to the correct time.
No pen or paper in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Nathan N, Manager at Best Western The Oasis at Joplin, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear GW, I am extremely sorry that your stay was not what you have come to expect from Best Western and I assure you that this is not typical for our hotel. I do appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay so that we can make necessary changes to improve our hotel. I can assure you that we have looked into all the issues with your room and the problems you encountered have been corrected. I also had a talk to my breakfast attendant to make sure that we are keeping fresh coffee out at all times, even at 5:30 AM for all the early risers. I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a wonderful stay. Give me a call at (417)781-6776 and I will do all I can to provide a better experience.

Travellers are raving about these Joplin hotels

Sedona, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We've stayed here several times. The rooms are rather small - not much space to move around or eat in the room - but otherwise comfortable, Recent renovations to lobby & breakfast area are complete. It looks nice, with more room for seating at breakfast than before. Appreciated that the room was quiet inside: other guests had gathered in courtyard next to our room late at night & we couldn't even hear them.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nathan N, Manager at Best Western The Oasis at Joplin, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Hi Patricia, I'm glad to you continue to stay with us and it's great to see that you have enjoyed your stays. You should try one of our king leisure rooms for your next stay because it is a little bit bigger and would give you some extra space to move around in. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay and we will see you the next time you are in the area.
Joplin, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Nice room, staff is excellent and a pleasure to check in. While I arrived at the hotel quite late for checkin. There was someone there to assist, and there was still plenty of parking accommodation. They readily had a computer with printer so that I could print out my boarding pass which is terrific.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi Nancy, thank you so much for your review and it's great that you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure to have you stay at our hotel and I'm glad that we got to show you how much our staff cares for our guest. Give me a call at the hotel anytime you plan to come back through Joplin.
Sun City, Arizona
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This Best Western has nicely furnished rooms, I slept great - the bed was very comfortable. Fridge and microwave is always appreciated. The check-in clerk was very efficient and provided all the information needed. The breakfast was excellent - waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and all the usual cold foods, including cups of fruit in a fridge. The breakfast attendant was attentive, refilling food as needed and was pleasant when I asked her to reheat my biscuit and gravy. Check-out was quick and easy. Easy access from Interstate, though the entrance is a bit confusing with all the other hotels, restaurants, etc. I will stay again when I go through the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Sheryl M
Nathan N, Manager at Best Western The Oasis at Joplin, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Hi Ally, it is great to see that you enjoyed our breakfast and our attendant does do a great job at keeping everyone happy. I will be sure to let her know about your review and for her to keep up the good work. I hope you will come back to see us and eat with us, anytime that you come through Joplin.
Loves Park, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

There were several reasons we would not recommend this hotel. The room was very small and dated. It had a bad, musty odor. Both the room and the outside were poorly lit. The door was on the "backside," creating a dark, unsafe entry area. The floors in the room were very dirty - turning white socks filthy. The staff conducted themselves unprofessionally, though not rude. Internet service worked the first day, then wouldn't work on my 3 devices. There was trash piled outside just a few doors down from our room - not in a can, just tossed into a pile, and there for more than 24 hours. There were lots of flies in the room.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi Carrie, I would like to apologize about your stay with us and I ensure you that is not typical of our hotel. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay because it helps us improve for future guest. We have fixed the issues with your room and I did have a talk with the front desk staff to ensure they are acting friendly and professional at all times. I hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations and give me a call directly next time your in the area and I'll make sure you have a more pleasant stay.
Pella, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My experience at this hotel was okay. The room was very small and there was hardly any room to walk between the bed and dresser, but the room was otherwise nice. We were placed next to a smoking room with an adjoining door and the smell seeped through into our room. It was so bad that if we would have stayed more than one night, I would have requested a room change

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review and I apologize that you did not have a great stay. I have looked into your incident and determined that someone must have been smoking in a non-smoking room. We do not have any smoking rooms that adjoin to non-smoking. We have taken the proper steps to eliminate any smoke smell from all of our rooms. I hope that you will come back and stay with us, give me a call at (417)781-6776 and I'll do all I can to ensure a better stay with us.