“Reunion Stay 2 Days” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Reunion Stay 2 Days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This Motel was very accessible to many great resturants and very close to major highways. The room was very comfortable-great bed-very nice linens. Carpeting looks new-the 24 hr pool was really fun. Breakfast was very good but they didn't have waffles but they did have everything else!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nathan N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Oasis, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
It is so great to see the positive feedback from our guest and we strive to make sure all of our guest have the same experience you did. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. Location is a vey important factor when you are traveling and it's great to be in a spot where you can get everything you need in one area. I hope that you will stay with us anytime you are back in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Killeen, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Very nice experience. Very helpful staff, clean room, adequate parking, easy access, close to restaurants and gas station. Only downside was Internet issues that particular night. Good small scale breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi Katherine, I'm sorry that you experienced internet issues during your stay but I appreciate you letting us know about your stay. The internet has been checked for any issues and is working great right now. I'm glad that you enjoyed everything else about your stay and will pass on this information to the rest of my staff. Thanks for choosing Best Western Oasis and we hope to see you the next time you are in the area.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was excited to spend my birthday weekend up in Joplin and found this hotel to be quite perfect in price & location for my time up there for 2 days. I didn't realize til the first morning I woke up that I was in between 2 rooms that were being renovated. :( So at 8am I heard a tile/wood saw outside my window - so I didn't get too much sleep after 8am on my mini-vacation. I was willing to overlook it - just wished I had notice about renovations going on by my room. I kept overhearing that they were fully booked, otherwise I would have asked to switch rooms.

The wifi did NOT work out the way it was promised. My laptop could not get a signal in the room no matter how many times I tried. (129) I had to sit in the lobby to do some work and get internet access. Even though they rebooted the router several times - it worked fine in the lobby, but NOT in my room. :( I'm not sure how that can be fixed, but my stay was missing that key link for work while away from home.

All the other amenities were just fine! Matter of fact, these days most hotels don't have any kind of fridge or microwave - so that was a great perk of my stay. The room was clean and quiet (with the exception of the renovations). Parking was a tad cramped in the back side of the property - but only felt that way because of the trucks of the workers. :) Again, my timing in my stay wasn't the best apparently.

I liked that I was in walking distance to the Waffle House and a gas station if i needed it. Sometimes you just don't feel like leaving the parking lot! :)

Room Tip: you might wanna find out more about the wifi signal - and if it reaches all the rooms. 129 did NOT...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nathan N, Manager at BEST WESTERN The Oasis, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Happy Belated Birthday!! Thank you so much for your review and i'm sorry about the noise you experienced during your stay. We are in the process of remodeling some of our rooms and I know this can be an inconvenience to our guest sometimes but we are looking forward to the improvements. I have taken the necessary steps to get the internet connection fixed and have asked our construction crew to possibly start a little later in the morning. I hope you will come back to stay with us and maybe you could stay in one of newly remodeled rooms.
Joplin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed in Room 122 and the next morning when we awoke we discovered bed bugs in our bed. We went to the front desk to report the disgustingness and they were kind enough to refund our nights stay. We didn't know at the time that the bites that we had received wouldn't manifest themselves for another 24hrs. Me, my wife, and three children have many bothersome and itchy bites that have now swollen up. This is the first negative experience that I have ever had at a Best Western. I am not one to sling mud, but I am interested in preventing another guest from experiencing what we have experienced.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Kevin, I am extremely sorry that your stay with us was not very pleasant. I assure you that this is not a typical situation at our hotel and we have looked into your situation extensively. I would love for you to give me a call at the property and we can discuss your stay a little more. The phone number here is (417)781-6776 and just ask for Nathan.

Travellers are raving about these Joplin hotels

Pearl River, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This Best Western provided a wonderful vacation experience. The staff was friendly and helpful and the motel is conveniently located. The room was clean and attractive and it provided a great value for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nathan N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Oasis, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Kristine, It is great that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to let my staff know they are doing a great job and to keep up the good work. We look forward to having you stay with us, anytime that you are in the Joplin area.
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

It is in a great location. Many different restaurants nearby. The staff are always friendly and will help with all your needs that may arise. The pool is always clean. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. Every time we stay it and the staff have been great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hey Linda, Thank you for taking the time to tell us how much you enjoy staying with us. It is a pleasure to have you stay here and we look forward to having you here every week. I hope the puppy isn't driving you to crazy yet. We will see you when you pass through here again.
Sedalia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

had a enjoyable stay room was clean the staff was very nice and helpful. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was good. only thing they didn't have hot cereal packets. But the food was okay.l they had fresh fruit. It was in a good location close to places to eat. Check in was quick and smooth.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HI Rebecca, I appreciate your review and it's glad to see you had a positive stay with us. We do everything we can to make sure our guest enjoy it here. I hope that you will come stay with us again if you are ever back in Joplin and we do have oatmeal packets available during breakfast now.