“Not from Joplin”
Review of Cunningham Park

Cunningham Park
Ranked #3 of 24 things to do in Joplin
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I have held off doing a review of Cunningham Park. I started going to Joplin in 1989 not long after I moved to Missouri. St. John's across the street was one of my customers. Many times over the years I walked over to the park just to take a quick break. I have stopped to look around and tried to see the park how it was. The memorial with the names of those lost make you realize many aren't coming home. Please visit the park, but please visit with respect. This is a very special place.

3  Thank Steve K
There are newer reviews for Cunningham Park

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

My family loved this place. It was very well planned and set up. Great play equipment and the memorials were lovely.

2  Thank karren C
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Cunningham Park was a park I grew up going to as a child. It was a place that has held very very fond memories. From picnics with family to a date evening with my then boyfriend (now husband). It is a great place to erect a memorial for all those whose passed away from the May 22, 2011 tornado. This is worth going to visit and to play on the new equipment, and to walk around the memorial. Even the area looks bleak, let me remind you, the town is rebuilding but soon this area will become a buzzing neighborhoods.

1  Thank RollTideRollCrimson
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

We went to the park in the early morning, sunrise. Walking through and reading the memorials was humbling, made us cry. We climbed to the top of the play area, overlooking the area where the tornado stripped Joplin. Totally Wow! So glad it was basically empty, and wood fort town built so well. The pond is sweet, fountain with deceased names immortalized and seat area with pieces found after the tornado make it worth the visit. There is also a picnic area and very nice play area.

1  Thank yvonne h
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The city has done a great job rebuilding the park. There are monuments, a new fountain, a large koi pond, and a water park. There are better than average kids' play equipment dotted through the park. The walking trail is good, and plenty of hills/inclines. There are several gazebos, but there are no trees. Of course there aren't any trees, most of them were dumped about 5 miles east of the park.

Been to Cunningham Park? Share your experiences!