“Fun for the family”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun for the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This park does hold a special place in the Joplin resident's hearts. The pool is tons of fun for all ages. The slides are exciting enough for a 12 year old & the price is reasonable. Everything was clean, life guards were on their jobs. We would visit again!

1 Thank private c

El Dorado Springs, Missouri
“great swimming, poor bathrooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had an absolute blast swimming at the aquatic center. It was affordable: 4 dollars for 15 & under is nice, most cut off's are 12. Lifeguards very attentive.
Plan on arriving inyour swimsuit if you can, and leave before the rush of close. Men's room has only 1 shower, women's has only 2.Bathroom stalls were fairly plentiful but really gross, tp everywhere, backed up toilets. We chose to wait until we left. I hate seeing poor stalls, because then I get concerned about folks choosing a less savory option.
It was very busy so I can understand that it was just hard use that couldn't be kept up with, wish they had a staff for just keeping up the bathrooms.
There are enough things to do and well spaced enough that there aren't really lines to deal with.
Lazy river got backed up by an elderly lady with a floaty chair, I was honestly concerned for her at times, but I guess that was her choice.
I will return, great time for the money, can't find anywhere so cheap with so much to do for all ages.

Visited June 2014
Joplin, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Absolutely love what they've done here!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

As a 2011 tornado survivor, it was really hard to walk the tribute area the first time...but at the same time it gave my peace. They have built an even better family park, erected some amazing monuments to both the victims AND volunteers of the tornado, installed a beautiful pond and bridge, and are doing more on-site still. To those of us who lived here for a long time...Joplin Parks and their staff really are just the best you could find anywhere in the US!

Visited June 2014
Odessa, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Had a great Family reunion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The gazebo was great with plenty of trash bins. The restroom were close-by which was useful. The children's playground equipment was great for the families that had little ones.

Visited May 2014
Lee's Summit, Missouri
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 208 helpful votes
“Not from Joplin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I have held off doing a review of Cunningham Park. I started going to Joplin in 1989 not long after I moved to Missouri. St. John's across the street was one of my customers. Many times over the years I walked over to the park just to take a quick break. I have stopped to look around and tried to see the park how it was. The memorial with the names of those lost make you realize many aren't coming home. Please visit the park, but please visit with respect. This is a very special place.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Steve K

Been to Cunningham Park? Share your experiences!