“new and decent”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #22 of 236 Restaurants in Joplin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 4 March 2014

New in town after the tornado. Fine steaks (the porterhouse is plenty to split between two diners). Most burgers are good, though some are almost all bread, little meat. Prices high by Joplin standards but reasonable for national pricing. Nice decoration if you like western barn theme, bright, not a place fo romantic fine dining but great for casual lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Went there for a family dinner Saturday night. Had a 45 minute wait cut down to 5 minutes thanks to call ahead seating. Definitely would suggest using call ahead seating. Each of us had steak and each one was cooked just as we ordered. A little on the expensive side. Overall had a good dinner and a nice experience. We will be going back soon.

1  Thank MikeMc33
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We visited on Super Bowl Sunday because we knew the crowd would be light. The service was very good. The steak was tough. I've eaten at good steak places and this is not one of them.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I'm not a person who normally buys steak at a restaurant, because I'm so often disappointed. I haven't bought a world class steak since I moved away from Memphis in 1984 or so.

We decided to try the longhorn as it recently opened, around 9:30 pm. The menu seemed pretty typical, and eventually I ordered a flatiron steak with stuffed portabello. for a side I got parmesan roasted brussels sprouts; never, ever have I seen brussels sprouts on a menu.

The brussels sprouts were excellent ,served with a parmesan sauce and shredde cheese. The caesar salad was fine, fresh lettuce, shaved block parmesan. The portabello was everything I could ask for, well made with a good blend of cheeses and a light sauce. It was served on top of the steak, so the sauce lightly touched on the meat.

When I cut my meat, medium rare, it was a bit closer to medium, oh, what a steak that was. It was so tender, so lean, and absolutely so flavorful. The sauce from the mushroom accented the taste of the steak so beautifully. there was liberal use of garlic in the salads, and in the sprouts that both my wife and I had, and at one point, a scent of garlic burst out of the kitchen, fresh, freshly chopped garlic, not powder, not canned.

I had a blue moon beer with dinner, a good choice for the meat. The meal was beautifully presented, the place was immaculate and new, and my waitress was a sweet, wonderful woman who I have known at other places.

It gets 5 of 5. No, we didn't wind up with a fully stacked plate full of food as we would have gotten at a cheap steakhouse. what we got was a great piece of meat, a side that would never see the light of day in any other restaurant, and top quality salad and bread. The price was reasonable, maybe even good for the quality of that meal.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Let me describe our experience: when we got it there, we had a 10 minute wait. Sat there patiently and when they seated us realized we were unsure what the wait was for since the restaurant was not full at all. Son had chicken strips from kids menu and he was fine with them. Wife and I had steak and shrimp. They were seasoned well and the steak could have been cooked a little more. It was more rare than medium rare. Had ordered drinks and were never asked if we'd like another or a refill on our water. Shrimp was good but a little oily (put on a bed of rice maybe because of that??). My potato was fine; wife had it with everything and the butter tasted like cinnamon and she hates cinnamon. Think that butter was intended for sweet potato instead. Restaurant was a little dirty and wife said bathroom needed some maintenance as well. All in all the food was good and would return. Hope they get the minor kinks worked out.