“Now open for lunch”

Ranked #15 of 234 Restaurants in Joplin
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I'm in Joplin for lunch quite a bit and I get tired of the same old places. I was excited to see this Outback is now open for lunch! The lady at the door needs some serious training! We had a party of 8, which I know is a big party but it really seemed to overwhelm her. We had my sister, who is both physically and mentally impaired. She can walk but not for long periods of time. When the hostess started to go towards our table we started to follow her. She stopped us and said she needed to go prepare the waitress for such a big party. When we explained that my sister can not stand/walk for a long time she said we would still need to wait so she could "prepare the waitress". I'm not really sure what she meant by it but she didn't even go find a waitress. She took our menus and silverware to the table and set them out and then came back and got us. I have no idea what all of this was about but we found it very strange. It wasn't busy or crowed and I don't understand why she didn't just take us over to the table. Just when we were thinking we should have skipped lunch at outback our waitress came over. She made everything much better! She was so nice, very efficient and we didn't have one problem after she came over. It turned out to be a really great lunch! I hope the management reads these reviews and takes care of the hostess training because that's really the only problem at this restaurant!...we've had trouble with the hostesses in the evening too!!!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stopped here on the way home in the RV. Went inside to order food to go. They walked me around to the take out door and left me waiting for the person working the 'door'. She showed up after about 5 minutes and said 'I'll be with u in a minute' and proceeded to input phone orders. I explained about the RV and would deed to just wait, can't exactly drive that up to the window. It took 23 minutes of standing there to get my food. I usually tip even at the take out window but this time I did not. I don't believe policy in waiting on people on the phone over someone standing there. The french fries were soggy but the sandwich was good. No ketchup or other condiments.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My brother and I ate here on a cross country trip because he wanted to. His mistake. Seeing nothing on the menu that appealed to me, I ordered an appetizer. I can't remember what it was supposed to be, but something with avocado on chips. Those chips were horrendous! They were coated with grease. So much so that they were flexible enough to bend and not break! I couldn't eat it. Our waitress acted like she was in a hurry (although it wasn't crowded) and was only interested in plopping some food down in front of us and moving on. We waited an eternity for drink refills. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The food was cold the waitress was nice at first but when we told her our food was cold she got very rude she never came back to fill our drinks.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stopped here on our trip home from KC, MO. Ordered our Outback favorites. Cheese fries was a smaller portion than we're used to, but my steak and hubby's pasta were very good. Our waitress (is that PC?) was very congenial.