“Clean, comfortable, convenient....”

Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
IL
“Clean, comfortable, convenient....”
Reviewed 31 January 2009

We stayed here in June as one night of our family vacation on Rte. 66. Absolutely loved the place! Large clean rooms, quiet and in a great location. Within walking distance to several restuarants. Indoor pool and fitness room. Nice breakfast area. Continental breakfast included hot/cold cereal, waffles, toast, juice, milk, coffee and tea. Great hotel!

• Liked — Very clean, friendly staff.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed 2 January 2009

The hotel is pretty new and very nice. The entire hotel is very clean. The rooms are pretty and the bedding is white, so there's no problem figuring out how clean the bedspread is. There is a nice kitchen that has dishes and some beverage supplies. The continental breakfast was adequate and the fact that they had a waffle iron where you could have a "hot" breakfast item was a nice touch. The bed was a little firmer than I am used to, but was still comfortable. The only problem we had was getting the right temperature in the room. We never could get a temperature that we were really comfortable with. But, overall the hotel is great and I would highly recommend it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — AC/Heater
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
Westmoreland, TN
Reviewed 20 December 2008

Very clean and comfortable. Staff was responsive, courtious, and helpful.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
OKC
Reviewed 4 December 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night on our way to Branson, MO from OKC. This was our first time to stay at a Townplace Suites although we are Marriott reward members. I must say I was impressed. Since we were really only there to sleep, unfortunately we didn't get to take advantage of all the amenities such as....the indoor pool, free DVD rentals, exercise room, kitchen, etc. We did eat the free continental breakfast and it was ok. Muffins, pastries, hard boiled eggs, cereal, oatmeal, juices, milk, coffee, etc.

The only complaint that I had was the bathroom was kinda small. Not so much the bathroom, but the vanity area. It did have drawers though which is unusual at a hotel. No toilet lid to close and set my overnight bag on though. They offered the complimentary shampoo and conditioner, but no lotion which would have been nice.

The small kitchen was wonderful although we weren't there long enough to use it. But we did purchase some microwave popcorn in the little store they have and popped that. Full size microwave, even a dishwasher. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding was nice too. Very clean. Reminded me of a small studio apartment.

We would definitely stay here again if we're in the area. We only paid $69 and that was a weekday (day before Thanksgiving too). I was thrilled at that. The area seems safe and convenient to I-44. Before long there will be all kinds of other restaurants, hotels, etc. in the area I'm sure. It is located directly behind a Cracker Barrel. There is a new and very nice casino about 8 miles away on exit 1. This hotel is located at exit 8a. They do allow pets because we saw several there. I think they charge a non refundable pet fee of $75, I think I remember reading.

Give it a try, you won't be sorry.

• Liked — homey feel
  • Disliked — small vanity in bathroom. And I forgot to mention in my review, there was no one at the front desk when we checked out. Had to just leave my key.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Oklatraveler
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed 31 December 2007

I reserved what was supposed to be a "larger suite" to stay in while my husband, son and I visited family in the area. The truth is, these are not suites in any sense of the word, they are just regular rooms with a kitchenette. There was no separation between the beds and the so called "living area" which didn't even have a couch, so we had to go to bed when my son did.

• Liked — Refrigerator
  • Disliked — Not a suite
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank sls239
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 26 December 2007

I am in Joplin on business about 1 week a month and this facility meets all of my personal and business needs. The facility is well maintained and has all of the ammenities required for a comfortable stay in excess of a week. The location is south of the city but easy access to Rangeline (N-S major artery) makes it convenient to get anywhere within minutes. You can walk to Cracker Barrel (right next door) if you don't care for their quick breakfast items. There is a Fazzoli's just across the parking lot if you are looking for a cheap italian lunch or dinner. All in all, this is a great place to stay for a business trip or just a quick stop for the night while on the road.

• Liked — Close proximity to I-44
  • Disliked — Some road noise
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Geocaching Ace
springfield missouri
Reviewed 5 December 2007

This hotel has the nicest staff I have ever encountered. Love the walk
thru closet. Breakfast has both hot and cold items on it and is very much appreciated. Will always choose this hotel over the others in the
area.