“BEST place to eat in Joplin!”
Review of Red Onion Cafe

Red Onion Cafe
Ranked #1 of 234 Restaurants in Joplin
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This restaurant has became my wife & I favorite place to eat in the Joplin area. At first glance their menu appears to be somewhat limited. However, EVERYTHING on the menu is OUTSTANDING! Any time that we have friends or family come to town to visit we make sure and take them to Red Onion as well. Every time our friends & family have left raving about the exceptional service and amazing food.
My dish of choice is the Tomato Rumba pasta. My wife's is their BLT. Our appetizer of choice is their Stuffed Mushrooms. Both of them are outstanding! We have tried other dishes as well and all of them are exceptional as well.
Lastly, every time we have been the service is top notch!

1  Thank LPBENW

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I work right across the street from Red Onion, so I've eaten there many many times. I've had lunch, dinner, and take-out from here, and I have yet to be disappointed. Some of my favorites are the Mandarin Orange salad, which has their awesome house dressing and candied almonds, and Penne from Heaven, penne pasta with bacon, green onions, and cream sauce. They have great sandwiches too, especially the veggie and philly cheesesteak. For me it is one of the most consistently good restaurants in Joplin, and I will always look forward to a meal from there!

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I visited the Red Onion with my mother for lunch last month. The food was great, I finished all of mine. I ordered the Tuscany Chicken, and the sauce was awesome! The desserts are delicious, but are frozen and then thawed, being shipped in from St. Louis. It'd be great if they had some "made in house" desserts. However, I would definitely eat here again.

1  Thank nanavb13
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We went here with a family member partly on the highly rated recommendations from TripAdvisor - it is located in downtown Joplin - plenty of parking nearby - area is not the greatest but don't let that scare you away - when you enter, the restaurant does have a very nice, warm atmosphere -
The home of comfort food - the highlights for us were the Veggie Burger and the Chicken Tuscany Pasta meal, while the Downtown Grilled chicken dinner was just OK -
We thought our server, Raquelle, was excellent -

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent meal and excellent service! We saw this restaurant on Trip Advisor and decided to try it. We weren't disappointed!

1  Thank Koa_Holoholo