“Comfort on a Budget”
Review of Quality Inn Joplin

Quality Inn Joplin
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Joplin
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is a good stay for a good price, but a hard review. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The whole hotel was very clean, the room smelled fresh and the bed was quite comfortable (pillows were numerous but small). The furnishings, although spartan looked good. The breakfast had fresh fruit, waffles, cereals, various bakery items and juice/coffee/milk in a clean breakfast area. There also was a small but very functional exercise room. Finally there was a great TV with an excellent internet connection available. Here's the hard part: This property is a rennovation of an older budget property. As a result there are "little" irritations. The room is small. The bed was next to a very efficient air conditioner. I had to deflect the flow to keep it off me while sleeping. The bathroom door is poorly placed and if there are two of you getting ready the door swings right in your path. And the rennovation was not the best quality. There was a small vertical crack in the plaster between the air conditioner and the window sill. There also was a hairline crack in the tile of the bathroom. Finally, there is no exhaust fan in the toilet/shower room, which had the early indications of mold forming on the ceiling. Having said that I would still stay there and recommend it for the next several months as the "newness", attention to cleanliness, and courtesy of the staff really make it worthwhile.

Room Tip: Stay away from the very end rooms on the first floor as the end entrance door is loud when closed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 August 2012

We basically just stopped here to sleep, get up the next morning and continue our trip. Good AAA rate of around $62 made this a good value. High speed internet was good. Nothing fancy, basic adequate breakfast, but for the price, can't ask for much more.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Check in at this establishment was extremely easy. Chris the person behind the counter was very cordial and helpful in talking about the town. He recommended a local restaurant that had pretty good barbecue. Matt the day manager was just as nice and quite helpful in giving me insight and information on my next leg through Texas. His suggestion of stopping at the first rest area in Texas on 40 was right on. What a magnificent sight. The exercise room was sufficient as there was a treadmill, Exercise bike and weight equipment. The room and the whole hotel were immaculate. The only drawback of which did not bother me was that they did not have a pool. Also this hotel had two full beds in the room as opposed to two queens. That said, I totally enjoyed my stay even though it was only overnight.

Room Tip: This is an area and a hotel where I would not have a problem stay three or four nights.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Quality Inn, even booking an extra night. From the front desk to the room, excellent service.

What really surprised me was the breakfast. I was expecting the usual muffins, coffee & juice, what I did not expect was the waffles you make yourself, along with sugar free syrup; the biscuits & sausage gravy, Activia yogurt, & the coffee was really good!!

I will definitely stay again & I will recommend this hotel to my friends. It's only 8 miles to Downstream Casino, hope skip & jump!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here 2 years ago and were pleased with the experience. In the past 2 years they have remodeled. This time I had my daughter and her children. Rooms are very clean and the bed was very good for my bad back. Our room had plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 children. The breakfast was excellent and staff not only keeps the room clean, but replaces popular items. Hot coffee is always available in the lobby and we had no problems with the WiFi. We stayed 3 nights and every staff member be came in contact with was courteous and friendly. The price is very reasonable and we look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I stayed in this hotel for several nights, while visiting Joplin. I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel, compared with other Quality Inns. My room was clean, with a good bed, linens, and pillows. The front desk staff, housecleaning staff were friendly and accommodating. I didn't give this property 5 stars primarily because the rooms are a bit small. The comlimentary breakfast was typical of Choice Hotels in this price range: waffles, buscuits and gravy, boiled eggs, pastries, cereal, bagels, toast, juice and coffee. The best part, is the price is very reasonable. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Newly remodeled - awesome service - clean - very nice decor & great price!

• Stayed: June 2012