“Perfect place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Springdale
“Perfect place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

I can not say enough good things about this hotel. Matt the manager goes above and beyond with customer service. The breakfast girl Dottie will treat you like a guest in her house. I was impressed from the moment i checked in to the moment i checked out. Rooms very clean and the breakfast had many items to choose from. This may not be a 5 star hotel but the service sure made me feel like i was at a 5 star hotel. Very friendly staff and a great place to stay with excellent prices. If you are in Joplin this hotel deserves your business!!!!

Room Tip: rooms in the middle seem to be quiet with little or no noise from hallway traffic.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
matthew M, Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear Amy,

It is always nice when our staff is recognized by name when going above and beyond to make sure our guests needs are met. Dottie has only been with us for a short time and we have been very pleased with her as a breakfast attendant. Its nice to hear from our guest that they feel the same. As always we thank you and welcome any feedback good or bad! Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you again soon.

Quality Inn Joplin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

This hotel was WONDERFUL!!!!! The rooms were clean, the breakfast was great and the staff was FANTASTIC!!!!! They really made you feel like they cared about you. From now on, whenever i visit Joplin, i will stay no place else, only at the Quality Inn!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear guest,

I want to thank you for all the kind things you had to say about our hotel. It's always nice when someone recognizes the efforts our staff puts forth to give excellent guest service. Our goal has always been to stirve for excellence in our guests eyes. We appreciate each and every guest that walks through our doors and we hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

Reading the reviews for several hotels in the area, I was concerned about finding an affordable option without bugs. This was definitely it. The room was very small but very clean and surprisingly quiet. The bed was one of the best we've encountered after being on the road for 3 weeks. The shower was hot and had good water pressure, though perhaps that was a function of showering at 6 am on a Saturday. In room coffee was a one cupper which was inconvenient . Breakfast was adequate: instant oatmeal, waffle maker, cereal, bagels and assorted rolls but get there early because the breakfast room is awkwardly shaped and could easily become cramped. Not their fault... Just the way it is. All in all good place to stay overnight.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
matthew M, Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Dear Guest,

I want to personally thank you for the great things you had to say about our hotel. We truly appreciate all feedback, good or bad! We strive to give excellent guest service and want all our guests to leave feeling as if they were a guest in our home. We also feel for the price you get an outstanding place to stay. We hope you choose Quality Inn for your next visit to Joplin and look forward to seeing you soon.

Center, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

I thought I would give some other hotels a try while in Joplin, but I will not stay here again. I had issues as soon as I walked in and got no help from the staff. They told me they offered a hot breakfast but there wasn't any.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank janabana041
matthew M, Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Dear Guest,

I want to sincerely take the time to thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. I was extremely disappointed to hear you had a negative experience while staying with us, I assure you this is not a usual occurance. We have been the #1 Quality Inn in the state of Missouri for the past 6 months and ranked # 63 out of the entire brand. We strive to give execellent guest service to each and every person that walks through our door and i want to extend my apology to you for any and all issues you had during your stay with us. My name is Matthew Miller and I would appreciate if you could give me a call at 417-627-0440 to discuss your issues further. I have currently advised the front desk to use the term continental breakfast not hot breakfast as to not mislead anyone who may be staying with us. We do offer some hot items on our breakfast for example biscuits and gravy, waffles, and oatmeal. We also offer many fresh items along with dry cereals and pastries. I can surely understand that the term hot breakfast can be interpreted to mean many things by many different guests. I also want to assure you that guest service is our number one priority and i will be addressing this to all my front desk staff immediately. Once again i want to extend my deep apologies to you regarding all your issues with your stay and would love to invite you back next time you are in Joplin to hopefully turn your opinion of us around.
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

The front desk service personal both evening and morning were very easy to deal with. The room had a recent remodel, that is a professinal remodel. The room was clean, roomy, great desk room, nice bed, and great Internet connection. They have a great exercise room. The continental breakfast was enough.

Room Tip: Very pleasant place to stay.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
matthew M, General Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Dear Guest,

I want to personally thank you for the compliment you gave us on your recent stay at our hotel. We are always striving to give excellent guest service to our guests. We really appreciate it when a guest notices our efforts. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Matthew D Miller
Quality Inn Joplin, Mo.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

You get what you pay for. Staff was very friendly, system was down so they put us in handicap room which was basically very close to entrance. wasn't an issue for us because we got up early anyway, but could see it being loud later in the morning. Good breakfast, room average. but yeah good for a 10 hour stay on road trip. A/c was annoying, room was musky

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I want to take the time to thank you for bringing some things to my attention. I have read your comments and i have made sure that all air vents are being cleaned on a daily basis. I want to apologize the room was not 100% to your satisfaction. It is our goal to leave every guest with a positive experience and any negative is treated with the upmost urgency. I also want to thank for choosing Quality Inn and I hope you consider us again next time you travel through.

Matthew D Miller
Quality Inn Joplin, Mo.
Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is a good stay for a good price, but a hard review. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The whole hotel was very clean, the room smelled fresh and the bed was quite comfortable (pillows were numerous but small). The furnishings, although spartan looked good. The breakfast had fresh fruit, waffles, cereals, various bakery items and juice/coffee/milk in a clean breakfast area. There also was a small but very functional exercise room. Finally there was a great TV with an excellent internet connection available. Here's the hard part: This property is a rennovation of an older budget property. As a result there are "little" irritations. The room is small. The bed was next to a very efficient air conditioner. I had to deflect the flow to keep it off me while sleeping. The bathroom door is poorly placed and if there are two of you getting ready the door swings right in your path. And the rennovation was not the best quality. There was a small vertical crack in the plaster between the air conditioner and the window sill. There also was a hairline crack in the tile of the bathroom. Finally, there is no exhaust fan in the toilet/shower room, which had the early indications of mold forming on the ceiling. Having said that I would still stay there and recommend it for the next several months as the "newness", attention to cleanliness, and courtesy of the staff really make it worthwhile.

Room Tip: Stay away from the very end rooms on the first floor as the end entrance door is loud when closed.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family