“Outstanding”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
O'Fallon, Missouri
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I don't usually review my hotel stays but this one blew me away! I have never encountered such exceptional personable service as I did at this hotel. Every staff member I encountered was just awesome with me and other guest they were dealing with. Matthew the manager takes the exceptional service to another level. Very impressed I will stay here again

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank davidmiss
matthew M, General Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
It was so nice to see someone actually recognizes our approach to guest service. We believe that our guests should be treated as if they were guest in our home. We do offer very personable service here at the Quality Inn and we are happy to see that it was so appreciated. Thank you so much for all the kind things you had to say about me and my staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Matthew D Miller
Quality Inn Joplin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 May 2013

The rooms are clean, comfortable and well-furnished. Convenient location to the interstate yet quiet and tucked back off the street. Great stay and I would definitely stay here again if passing through.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
matthew M, General Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for all the nice things you had to say about our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay so much you took the time to write a nice review. Our goal is to make sure every guest leaves our hotel happy with a positive experience. We hope to see you again real soon!

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My room was very nice. Unfortunately, the service was downright hostile. My company had booked a room and asked for late check-out, and were willing to pay extra if necessary. When I called down to the desk, the manager, Matt, said that the room was reserved by another party for that afternoon and late check-out wasn't possible. He also claimed that we hadn't asked for it when we booked. He offered no apology or option to change rooms. When I complained to his supervisor it all became clear. We had booked the room using a Corporate Lodging Card rather than their company guest card. It was apparent that they were indignant about this and weren't willing to grant any extra service effort of any kind. I should add that the hotel was almost empty. Both the Unit Manager and the franchise representative seem to be completely lacking in even the most basic customer service skills. My company books many, many rooms every year. Quality Inn will no longer be on the list.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Busdude
matthew M, General Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear Guest,

This is the first time i've heard hostile service because of a guest not getting exactly what they want. I did offer to give you a late check out, i just couldn't do the 2pm check out you were requesting. I also did offer for you to use any part of the lobby or breakfast room for those extra 2 hours you were needing. I also offered to keep your bags in my office during this time. It has become clear to me that the only thing that would of made you happy was to allow you to stay in that room which was not possible that day. A late check out is a request! We try our best to honor all reasonable request but its not always possible to honor all requests. Being your request was not possible i did though offer solutions to the problem. 1. giving you access to the lobby or breakfast area for the time we were not able to let you stay in the room. 2. I offered you a check out of 1pm 2 hours later than our check out time of 11am. 3. Offered to keep your baggage safe in my office. I do apologize once again like i did that day that this was not possible. I will also like to point out that this reservation was made directly with me by a 3rd party that never mentioned a late check out while they were making your reservation. and for that misunderstanding i will apologize again just like i did the day you were here. I also want to point out that being a choice member does give special privleges but we also honor special privleges to any all of our guests whenever possible. I do hope that you understand now that a request is not always possible and do apologize yet again for your issue. I do hope that you return someday to our hotel until then have a wonderful day.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Almost new motel with friendly staff. Very Clean. Faulty fire alarm went off twice during the night. The staff was very apologetic and offered to discount our stay for the inconvenience. To us this unsolicited offer meant they were wanting our return business...and they will get it!

Room Tip: Hotel is off the freeway on a very quite street. It is a little hard to find.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I again want to apologize for the inconvience with the fire alarm. We have since had that issue fixed and taken care of. I also want to thank you for the kind things you had to say about your experience while staying with us. Its always nice when a guest understands sometimes things go wrong and its how we handle them that makes the difference. We do love our guest and want them all to return. We hope to see you again real soon!

Bloomington
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Great location off the highway and Rangeline Rd. Quiet and great handicapped accessible room - probably one of the best set we have experienced. The breakfast was pretty good with the choice of blueberry waffle and biscuit and gravy. Good coffee as well. Newly renovated. We will likely be back.

Room Tip: The hotel is set back off the street so look for the sign.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
matthew M, Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your stay with us in April. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our guests input is always welcomed and encouraged. We take your experience to heart and want every guest to leave with a positive experience. As always thank you for choosing Quality Inn Joplin and we hope to see you again real soon!

Road Warrior
Reviewed 13 March 2013

If your just passing through town and all you need is a cheap, clean place and a hot shower then this might be the hotel for you, however, if your like me and you prefer something a little more upscale and comfortable then you'll likely be disappointed.

Honestly when I first pulled up to the hotel I thought it looked a little sketchy, I would have cancelled my reservation but the hotel has a 24 hr cancellation policy, probably for this very reason, so I decided to stay since I would have been charged anyway.

This was a hotel that had obviously fell into severe disrepair at one point and was renovated within the last couple of years. Unfortunately when you renovate these old properties like this you just can't get the many years of neglect totally out of them, some things always linger.

The biggest problem with this one is the stench of smoke, especially on the 3rd floor. If you suffer from smoke allergies you will want to avoid the 3rd floor like the plague because it reeks of smoke something awful, both the hallways and rooms.

Another problem is the mattresses. They put a little sign on the nightstand ,next too the bed ,stating how this is a "Q Bed" and how your sleeping on a "premium mattress" but in reality the bed is hard as a rock and worn out completely. I checked the manufactures tag on the mattress and the mattress was nearly 10 years old! Thousands of travelers doing who knows what on that mattress for the last decade. People sweat when they are sleeping and doing other things in bed, that liquid has to go somewhere and where is in your mattress, do you know what a germ fest a hotel mattress is after 10 years...yuck.

Other problems with this hotel is that the walls are PAPER THIN, you can hear people talking on their cell phone 3 rooms away and any room adjacent to you sounds like they are in your room, the walls or so thin you can hear someone snoring or passing gas even, there must be zero soundproofing.

On the plus side the employees were very friendly, cleanliness was good, wireless Internet worked well and the things that were renovated were still in good shape but these positives were overshadowed by the lousy bed, noise and cigarette stink.

My advice spend the extra $20 per night or so and stay somewhere newer and better, there are plenty of options in Joplin, I wish I had.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
matthew M, General Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Dear Guest
I first want to apologize for taking so long to respond to your review. I have went through every room in this hotel and every one of our mattresses are under 5 years old. We have a mattress replacement program to ensure all our mattresses are up to Choice Standards. A manufacurers tag only tells you when the mattress was made not when it was first put to use. I also want to let you know how disappointed i am to only hear of your negative experience through Trip Advisor. We have an excellent staff here at the Quality Inn who are exceptional at Guest Service. Our Staff is trained to handle any and all issues that might arise. If your bed was to hard we could have moved you to one of our rooms with a pillow top mattress. As for the noise, I have never had any complaints about the walls being to thin but if you would of called the front desk we could of handled that issue for you as well. I also don't quite get your meaning of "Sketchy" This hotel was built 8 years ago and we have a very clean and well lit parking lot with security cameras. I know the hotel sits off the street a little but i don't think this makes our hotel look sketchy! We also have smoking rooms on the 3rd floor as well as non smoking rooms. Once again a quick call to the front desk and we could of taken care of all your issues. This Quality Inn has just received a gold award and is ranked #29 in the entire brand. We got to this place by listening to our guests and making their stay one to remember. We must be doing something right or we would not be where we are today. Once again, i would like to thank you for putting this to my attention and only ask that you let the front desk know when you are not 100% satisfied so that we have a chance to make it right. I hope to see you again at the Quality Inn Joplin and as always thank you for choosing Choice Hotels.

Sincerely
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 February 2013

This is a nice facility. The room was clean and updated. The bathroom and shower were also very clean. The shower head is set-up high, which is a real plus for those who are tall. The staff are more than willing to answer any questions you have. They also provide a very nice breakfast. The rate charged is a REAL bargain for such a nice facility.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
matthew M, General Manager at Quality Inn Joplin, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dear Mindy and Roger,

I really enjoyed sharing my story with you guys while you were staying with us. Thank you so much for all the kind and positive things you had to say about our hotel. It is always nice when a guest recognizes the efforts we put forth in providing excellent guest service. Our goal is to have each and every guest leave with a positive experience and a lasting impression of our hotel when the depart. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through Joplin. As always thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Joplin. Have a wonderful day.

Matthew D Miller