“good food”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Miami, Florida, United States
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

yes a nice meal with good portions ...I will be back next time in joplin..

• Visited May 2012

Springfield, Missouri, United States
“Great Mexican at a good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

I've been going to various El Charro locations with my family since I was a little kid. Needless to say, it is a favorite among Mexican restaurants with us. I usually go to the location on 32nd Street near the old Smitty's because it is the closest to me. I love their chips. The queso is a little runny, but if you let it sit for five or ten minutes it's no big deal. The enchiladas are good, but my favorite thing I ordered was a meal that came with a large grilled chicken breast, several large shrimp, and beans and rice (not sure what it was called, but I think it was about $10). It was a very delicious and filling (read: VERY protein-packed) meal. You'll usually have enough left over to take home, but it depends how hungry you are and if you're a big eater or not. I LOVE the rice; best Mexican rice in Joplin. Their fried ice cream and sopapillas are very good. Servers are usually pretty friendly, several of the guys like to joke around and are maybe even a bit flirtatious. Overall, their food is a good value and you'll leave feeling satisfied. My personal favorite Mexican restaurant in Joplin is Acambaro, but El Charro comes in at #2.

• Visited May 2011
SW Missouri
“Better than Average MEX”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2010

My wife and I have eaten at various El Charros since 1993. This one at 32nd & Main is no longer there. They moved down to the 2700 block of 32nd street, plus there is one up by the airport, one in Carthage and also Neosho, plus a lot of other small town locations.

Overall I think they serve excellent food. We like Mexican and I think this is about as good as you can get, price is really reasonable. I am not sure you can get drinks or beer at any of them, but some may serve. I like my beer but the lack of such has never kept me from eating there.

For what it is worth, all the cooks, servers and employees are the "real deal", i.e. Mexican. And in my opinion they serve up some great food.

ohio
“Not very good.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2010

The food was just OK. It seemed very salty. The margarita was average.

Joplin Mo
“Good food, good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2009

We once placed an order at the El Charro on north main st for an item they did not have. They called a El Charro restaurant from our old home town to find out how to make it. Now that is pretty good customer service. The food really is good, not as good to me as Mucho Mexico in Webb City, but good in it's own right. My favorite is the Fajita taco salad. They have kids meals at a good price. Our family of four usually eats in the low $20 range.

Been to El Charro? Share your experiences!