“Excellent short and long term stay”

Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Joplin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 January 2013

This place is wonderful for the short and long term traveler. The customer service is second to none and these folks really make you feel welcome. The rooms are very clean and everything has been in good working order. Everything in the workout facility functions properly and is well thought out. Alicia the Operations manager has truly done a superb job.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Darren B
Amy N, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Traveler,
I want to thank your for the wonderful review of our hotel! I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our friendly customer service. We always look forward to your arrival!
Thank you for your business!

At Your Service!

Reviewed 6 January 2013

I'd echo what another reviewer said about the accessibility--you see the sign from the highway but you go thru/around a couple other hotels and even kind of thru their parking lot to get to the building.

Overall, though, this is a great hotel and the rooms are really nice. It was rated 2.5 stars on Hotwire, and I'd say that's about right. It's not super fancy, but it's clean & comfortable and overall my wife & I were very pleased with the room. Bed was really nice, every part of the room was clean, it seemed to be a very quiet location, and the front desk provided quick check-in and checkout.

The kitchenette is a definite plus and the rooms and lobby are tastefully furnished. Would stay here again without question.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pitt82marino
Amy N, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear Traveler,
I want to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. I'm pleased to hear that you were happy with your stay and that you would stay again! I'm working on the entrance signs and completely understand how it can be a little tricky finding us. Hopefully once the new sign's are in place our guests will find us with ease. Please feel free to contact me directly for your lodging needs in the Joplin area.
Again, thank you for your business!

Reviewed 6 January 2013

This is your standard room with a small kitchenette. One of the things I like about staying that this specific location is the handy DVD player in each room and the DVD library located at the front desk. Who wants to pay for overly priced in room movies when you can do it for free? The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean. The bathroom provided all the ammenitites you'd need. The kitchen area provided cooking as well as dinning suppies.

Room Tip: One of the things I always look for are electrical outlets. Do I have to move the bed out in order...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank NonnahsS

Dear Traveler,
I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that we met your expectations on comfort and cleanliness. I'm glad you enjoyed the convenience of having a DVD player in your suite. Please feel free to contact me directly for your lodging needs next time your in the Joplin area.
Again thank you for your business, travel safely!

Candlewood Suites

Reviewed 23 September 2012

I only stayed one night and it was a pleasant stay. The "suite" has a kitchenette and I really appreciated the full-size refrigerator (I was traveling and "toting" perishables). The room was very clean which is always my number 1 concern.

The only draw back was the location -- after driving around the area, I had to call the hotel to specific directions (they are located BEHIND another hotel).

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank l c
Amy N, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Dear Traveler,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very glad to hear we met your expectations on cleanliness and that you were pleased with our full size kitchenette. I'm sorry to hear you had difficulties finding us. Please feel free to contact me directly for any lodging needs that you may have in the Joplin area. Again thank you for your time.

At Your Service!
417-623-9595 ext. 112

Reviewed 7 September 2012

The whole staff was very friendly, along with super clean rooms !! Anything you may have forgotten they have for you> The front desk is very knowledgeable so if you want to go somewhere they can help !!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank MonteTHall
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Candlewood Suites is most suitable for those who need to stay several days. The room had microwave oven, a full refrigerator, a stove, as well as dishes for someone wanting an "at home feel." They do not offer a complimentary breakfast.
The staff personnel are courteous and and friendly.
The bed was comfortable and I enjoyed a good night's rest.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank PoppaTom
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We just stayed for one night. We found the room to be "cozy" and quite a bit smaller than the previous Candlewood that we stayed at in Indianapolis, IN.

With that said, it was clean and comfortable. I would have just one minor suggestion for the Candlewood in Joplin, please put another trash can in the suite, specifically in the bathroom. It is not always possible to share the can with the kitchen!

Room Tip: The hotel entrance is a bit tricky to find. The hotel is set back off of the street so there are s...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sonnie B
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

I'm very glad to hear you had a comfortable stay here at Candlewood Suites in Joplin MO. Thank you for taking time to review and comment on your stay. I really appreciate it! Until now it had not occurred to me that the bathroom trashcan would be hard to find. We do keep it hidden under the bathroom sink. Please feel free to contact me personally for any lodging needs in the Joplin area. Again, thank you for your review.
Have a great summer!