“Residence Inns are typically very nice, this one is great”

Residence Inn Joplin
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Joplin
Reviewed 27 May 2010

I am a fan of Marriott properties and when I am on the road I like the extras that the Residence Inns offer, especially for stays of more than three days. This Residence Inn in Joplin is one of the nicest Residence Inns I have visited. The Manager's reception seems a notch above in both the service and quality of the food. The room was very comfortable. Would be absolutely perfect if it had plasma or lcd tv's (although the two tvs in my room were decent).

Hotel is quiet, but at the business hub of Joplin. Several good restaurants to walk to if you need more than the free eats at the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 April 2010

We had been to Texas, Branson and then to Joplin. I had stayed in a private residence, a Fairfield Inn and then arrived here. When I walked in the door it felt like home. The desk clerk was warm and friendly. The hotel is spotlessly clean and well-located to major roads. Our room was ready at 1:30 even though check-in is advertised at 3 p.m. It was on the first floor as I had requested. Everyone was so nice and caring. The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of great pillows. The breakfast was great and the attendant was cheerful and helpful. What's not to like. I will always stay here when visiting in the Joplin area.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed 6 April 2010

This is a hotel convenient to highways, but still far enough away to be nice and quiet. Plus, it's close to local restaurants.

The only reason I booked it was because of prior recommendations from this site, and I couldn't agree more. My work requires me to be at my job by 7:00 a.m., and this meant I had to leave at 6:30 a.m. However, even though the breakfast buffet wasn't open, there was a friendly member of staff available to pack me a brown bag breakfast, which was much appreciated, and the coffee was available MUCH earlier than the stated breakfast time.

Of course, the rooms were clean, comfortable, etc., and everything you'd expect from a good Residence Inn.

However, this one really exceeded expectations.

When I left for work on the Sunday (maybe 6:15 a.m.), I found that I had a flat tire.
I went to the front desk merely to ask where the closest place was that I could go to fix it.

The receptionist had their maintenance person (yes - even on a Sunday - he was there!)
Pump up my tire for me, and tell me where the closes place I could go to get fix-a-flat, and then repair the tire at a more reasonable hour.

Thanks to this truly outstanding hotel staff, I was able to get to work on time. This would NEVER have happened at any other hotel - this is truly a gem. The staff are beyond great. They should be cloned.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank bellecreek
Reviewed 22 February 2010

This place is stellar. I dealt with two night desk clerks who were both service oriented and friendly. One night I rented a 1 br suite, the second night I upgraded to the 2 br suite. They are new and clean. Breakfast had a lot of choices, I opted for sausage and eggs while the kids got yogurts and cereal. If you are near Joplin, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Lincoln52
Reviewed 24 January 2010

We stay at this hotel under unfortunate circumstances, my uncle was dieing and in the hospital. We shared this room with my mother and grandmother. They slept on the pull out couch in the living area. The couch was not comfortable, like most pull out couches. But a little bit disappointed that couldnt invest in nicer mattress for pull out couches. My grandmother need a wheelchair and they had one on the premises and they gladly wheeled her to her room. The breakfast staff was amazaing. They waited on us. They were constantly attentive to our needs while eating breakfast. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Under such difficult personal circumstances they made the stay much less stressful. I plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank mljhnsn
Reviewed 15 January 2010

This is totally worth the money. I think it was the nicest place I've ever stayed at (1000 hotels in my lifetime). The rooms were clean, well appointed. The staff was very nice and helpful. Everything worked and I saw no duct taped lamp cords or spackled holes in the walls. It was a great place to decompress after a long visit with the relatives.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank nachos_mama
Reviewed 8 December 2009

We stayed overnight here and thoroughly enjoyed it. It looked brand new, was quiet and had a hot breakfast included in the price. It was very clean and staff extremely friendly. Breakfast items included scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, waffles, cereals, yogurt, toast, etc. Will definately be back.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family