“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Denver, Colorado
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed at this establishment while riding cross country on motorcycles with friends. It was very nice and as we did not want to get back on the bikes after riding all day, the locaiton was great as it was within walking distance of restaurants and the grocery store. The bed was comfy. I have never stayed at a Hilton or Hampton where we had to pay for breakfast (the others we have stayed at had a complimentary continental breakfast). As we normally eat very light in the mornings, it would be nice if they offered this option. We did eat at their breakfast buffet - the cost is 8.95 per person, but with our Diamond status, we got it for free. It was a wonderful breakfast - and we ate much more than our normal oatmeal, toast and fruit.

There is a very nice lobby area where we would sit and visit with our friends. Every employee that I encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. I do agree that it is a little pricey for the area, but I guess you get what you pay for.....

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Gladstone, Missouri
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Decided to bring my wife and grand daughters on a Business Trip to attend a Pow Wow, Business and Pleasure seem to be a great balance. I took care of what I needed to do, grand daughters truly enjoyed the Pow Wow, Swam at the Hilton, great nights sleep on very comforatable beds, awoke refreshed and headed back to the city. Friendly attentive staff, very clean, quiet and just off he beaten path. Have stayed at this location many times and is a reliable retreat.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

New Albany, Mississippi
Reviewed 4 September 2013

First, I am a big fan of the Garden Hilton chain. They always make my family and I feel welcome and the rooms have always been clean and fresh. The breakfast is wonderful and if you choose to stay here be sure to book online and include the breakfast in the booking. You will save a little money like that. You certainly can't go to the fast food place down the street and get a breakfast like this for $5.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The hotel was clean and nice looking. The decor was updated. We weren't there very much but it seemed nice enough. No continental breakfast which was disappointing for the price. There was a small indoor pool and hot tub that we did not use but it was clean looking. The staff was friendly. The only real problem we had was the wall a/c unit in our room was making a really loud noise all night. When we told the front desk person in the morning, she immediately told someone from maintenance. I would have given it a four but it seemed overpriced for what it was.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
MCKINNEY
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past few years and recommend it very highly. The staff is always friendly and helpful, and the hotel is clean, quiet and top quality. The breakfast is the best I have ever had at a hotel - the omelets are fantastic. For me, there is no better hotel in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Christopher B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Joplin, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Janet P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn of Joplin, Missouri. I greatly appreciate your compliments and your patronage to our hotel. If I may ever be of personal service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Joplin MO, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I came down on buisness and spent a week at this location. Always friendly at the front desk, and I never ever saw anything but very well-kept facilities. Maybe I am expecting too much for my money, but, only complaint is for prices charged, there wasn't even an option of a complimentary breakfast. Cleaner places exist out there with a much better rate per night that do offer that added benefit. Was very dissapointed about that. But again, all was immaculate!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Christopher B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Joplin, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Joplin. I appreciate your comments and will share both your positive comments and also your concerns with the appropriate associates. Thank you again and if I may be of any service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed here on a recent business trip and was left a bit disappointed. The hotel is fairly new and has nice amenities, but the front desk customer service was poor and the rooms were average at best. When I got to my room, it smelled strongly of mildew, and when I went back to the front desk to request a different room, I was told the property was sold out for the night (and this was around 5 pm, not late at all). Even with my gold status with Hilton, it took some persuading to get the clerk to find me another room, and the process took a long time as she didn't know how to make the change. The second room was fine, though nothing exceptional, and at least I got a good night's sleep. The breakfast in the morning was above-average, and our waitress was excellent-- wish I would've gotten her name. I've stayed in worse places, but I've stayed in better ones too.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rams1994
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. You have my sincerest apologies that we did not offer the type of service that both you and I expect. I will address all concerns you noted with the appropriate staff and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to offer better service to you in the future. If I may be of any service to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.