“I love the bistro!”
Review of Sandstone Gardens

Sandstone Gardens
Ranked #5 of 26 things to do in Joplin
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I took my mother to eat at the Bistro and look around the store. We live a little over an hour away. My mother is 84 and rather picky about her food. She absolutely loved it. All the staff were so nice and friendly, even though it was so busy and I’m sure they were exhausted. We were seated where we could watch the kitchen area. There was a little red headed cook. She was amazing! I didn’t see her stop! She worked so fast but everything she did was so smoothe. She also smiled at every person who spoke to her. I was so impressed! You definitely want to keep her!

All reviews
"yard"
"store"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Sandstone is a beautiful building with lavish landscaping. You might think you were in France instead of Joplin. So much to look at. Great home décor, jewelry, clothing, gifts and more. Love the great displays. Creative and eye catching. The garden statuary is in all shapes, and sizes. Two beautiful rooms with fountains, plants and more statuary.
The restaurant is a great place for lunch. Lots of selection. Soups are wonderful. Had a salad with the most amazing balsamic dressing. So good we bought some to enjoy at home. Always have great deserts too! Fun day!

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Such fun searching for that special item for my garden and I found 3. A hedgehog, birds with nest and chicks and a morrel mushroom. All, I am sure, I needed for my garden. All concrete and not too heavy for me to handle. They did have huge pieces like fountains too. Then there was the little bird for my collection and a bird cage for in my house. I was really please. They have a wonderful restaurant inside also. The service was great!

2  Thank Mary W
Reviewed 20 February 2018

I had business in the Joplin area and a friend recommended I stop in here. So glad I did! I was enthralled with all the décor they had. Not only outside statuary items, but everything from jewelry to clothes to fabulous dishes, etc. There is so much to look at. At the end of my viewing I treated myself to their famous chicken salad sandwich which does not disappoint. They definitely need to start selling their iced tea to go also. It was the best I've ever had. I felt the prices were reasonable, especially for the quality they were. I walked away with several things. Their staff were also so accommodating and friendly, I hated to leave.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

First the restaurant:
This trip we were disappointed in our entrees, chicken enchiladas. These have always been one of my favorite items on their menu, but they just weren’t the same as usual, nor were the side items served with them. I know that next trip we will like the food as we have before.
The house dressings for salad were both very good and the cobbler was great.

The shop:
There are many, many beautiful decor and gift items, clothing and jewelry, as well as yard statuary which the name, “Sandstone Gardens” implies.
The prices can be high, but the items are special.