“Days Inn worth the rate”
Review of Days Inn Joplin

Days Inn Joplin
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
East Peoria, Illinois
“Days Inn worth the rate”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

After a long day's driving we initially checked at a Comfort Inn - the rate quote was $169 for 2 double beds! We went across the street & found a very friendly Days Inn counter person who not only reduced that rate by $100 but gave us senior, etc. discounts. The room was lovely; air conditioned worked great. Very quiet all night. A good breakfast in the morning. Easy access on & off I-44.

Room Tip: While I had no problem with breakfast, my husband said the sausage was undercooked. Only pink sacch...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jo S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Joplin
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have been staying in this hotel and room for over 200 days as I work on the road and they have been most accommodating to all of my needs. When My wife comes in to town to visit she loves the king size bed and 4 soft pillows. I like my stay here. It is also very close to restaurants and easy access to the interstate and the main road in Joplin.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Colby B
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel room was musty. The carpet was dirty. The bed sheets had holes in them. The breakfast was limited. I asked for tea to be given a tea bag and told no hot water! Although the lady did heat some up for me. The only thing I can say good about the hotel was the friendly check in.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We checked in after a long drive from Texas. Very tired and needed sleep. The first room we got had a horrible smell of mold. We asked for another room and got one next door to the first room. It too smelled bad. I had to go out and buy fabreez from a gas station near by @ $4.99 a can, because they spray they provided was terrible. As we got settled in I noticed Feces on the floor my the toilet, crumbs beside the night stand, a pop bottle under one of the beds. There was a hole in the top of the bathroom door, and the bottom of the door was all chipped and painted over. The tub was disgusting. There were rust stains in the grit and the caulking was filthy. There were cigarette burns on the counter in a non smoking room! The mirror above the sink was crooked. The worse part was the mold smell coming from the AC unit! Didn't get much sleep and have to travel many more miles. I have pictures to prove all of the above statements. We are working on getting a refund of $93.98. This room wasn't worth $25.00!!! Do not stay here!!!!

Room Tip: A/C units emit mold smell
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I will say this: I have stayed here MANY times over the years, as well as referred business to this location more times than I can count, and had always thought this was the best deal on a really great place in this town. BUT that was more because I had always been treated very well by the managment and staff, even more than due to the clean, fully-furnished rooms, great breakfast, and good prices. || This time I didn't stay but instead chose to go up the street to another motel. Long before I was a Wyndham card holder, I was a BIG fan of Days Inn locations across the country including Joplin and Springfield, MO. At the Joplin location, I was always treated well and had no hassles at the front desk. This time, I asked about terms and conditions related to my Wyndham Rewards card [after staying more than 12 total nights I was finally offered a free stay] and was told there was nothing available as far as discounted rooms or anything else unless I called the 800 number and booked in advance. I was still going to be OK with that, even though they had always looked that stuff up in their system previously to see what could be done in the way of cardholder discounts, etc UNTIL I was told I HAD to put up a credit card or they would not give me a room. What's up with this??? Any other motel chain I had stayed at was FINE with a cash deposit - and some were luxury locations with expensive furnishings and a lot of ways to run up an "incidentals" bill. Last time I looked closely at US Currency, I am pretty sure it still stated, "Legal tender for all debts, public and private". How is it even legal to deny services to someone if they aren't willing to give you their credit card to put a hold on that takes forever to come off and costs a fee??? Days Inn just lost a long term customer! That is a policy that needs to be changed, and staff needs to be taught to watch the attitude that goes along with those kinds of things as they never know who the person is on the other side of that counter. Though the woman was not rude, she was short and to the point and did not offer a Wyndham member any additional assistance,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tammy O
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is a nice and clean hotel. Our room was newly updated, and many other rooms were in the process of being remodeled. This hotel had the best breakfast we have been to at a hotel in this price range. Huge variety of items, well stocked and maintained. My 7 year old was especially excited about the pancake machine. We have never seen one of those before. There was also the usual Belgian waffle maker. Lots of hot items to choose from, too. It was the best breakfast ever!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 72texasgirl
Washington, Missouri
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed there June 16 for my second visit there and I enjoyed it just as much the second time as I did the first time. The rooms are very nice very clean the beds are very comfortable. They are doing remodeling at this time and they're doing a good job of keeping the noise and the dust down. The only disappointing thing was the washers and dryers went very good

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business