“Worst Place I Have "Ever" Stayed”
Review of Days Inn Joplin

Days Inn Joplin
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Kansas City, Missouri
“Worst Place I Have "Ever" Stayed”
Reviewed 25 June 2007

We booked a block of rooms for my son's State Baseball Tournament.

When we arrived there were people outside of the hotel having a party and drinking. They made rude comments to my 16 old daughter.

When we got to the entrance of our room there was a leak from the ceiling with a waste basket right outside our room catching the water that was dripping, along with pieces of the ceiling tile on the floor.

When we got inside to our room, the bathroom was in terrible shape and the floor looked like it hadn't been clean in a long time. There was hair all over the floor and dirty towels hanging on the back of the door.

We asked to change to a different room that was clean. They only had smoking available, but I didn't mind as long as I had a "clean" room.

I moved to the new room and didn't notice until the next morning that one of the beds had a soiled spot on the bedspread, which looked like a urine stain. I left a note, since we were going to be at the ballgames all day, to ask that they changed the bedding since it was dirty. When I arrived to my room they had cleaned the room, but did not touch the bed where I had left the note for them to change the bedding. I called the front desk asking them why it wasn't changed or even made? They said they would get to the bottom of who and why and also have someone come and change the bedding. I waited 4 hours and still no one had come to change the bedding. I called the front desk again, and then about an hour later someone "finally" changed the bedding.

The next morning I woke to my phone ringing and it was the front desk indicating that I must check out immediately. The only reason that they gave me, is because I asked that my bedding be changed! I was appalled and actually couldn't believe what I was hearing.

The condition of this hotel is ridiculous and they shouldn't be allowed to operate under these conditions. The Fire Marshall was also contacted regarding all of the fire codes that are being violated . There was not one emergency exit posted on any of the doors in any of our rooms.

I would have checked out the first night if we wouldn't have been there as a group. Needless to say several of us checked out and moved to a different hotel.

• Liked — There was nothing good about this hotel
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Cordova1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 June 2007

While not thrilled to pay $65 for a basic hotel, I was happy with the days inn. All hotels in Joplin seemed to be more expensive than their counterparts elsewhere, but what do you do. The breakfast had eggs, sausage, biscuits, bananas, frozen waffles and pancakes, and cereal. I would say excellent for a continental breakfast. Also, the rooms were clean, the pool was good sized, the hotel was quiet. The only bad thing was housekeeping knocked on the door at 8 am. Make sure to put up the do not disturb before you go to bed.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank BearlyUsed
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 January 2005

After a 600 mile day, me and the dog were both ready for a rest. As I entered the lobby, there was a sign saying "no dogs". As I was already in the lobby, I asked if this was for the lobby or the entire facility. The clerk replied that it was everything. As I prepared to leave, a voice from the corner inquired as to what type of dog. When I responded a small terrier, he advised the clerk it was OK for us to stay. I believe he must have been the owner. The room was large, comfortable, and well maintained. We had a comfortable night considering the incredable thunderstorm going on outside. We subsequently stayed in 2 more Days Inn's on our way to California.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Claremont, CA
Reviewed 26 June 2003

Finding a pleasant motel with some character in Joplin seems to be a losing proposition. Joplin is also surprisingly expensive (especially in value for the dollar) compared to the much better choices available in Springfield, just a hour's drive northeast.

The Days Inn, like most motels there, is located on a motel strip just north of the Interstate. The price was typical for Joplin at around $50 or so and is pleasant and clean enough with typical Days Inn amenities, though I'd rank this one below the more attractive Days Inns in some other locations. Room was large, clean, decent TV selection.
Personally, I really don't care for "enclosed" motels that seem to be spreading around. On road trips, it's definitely preferable to pull up outside the room and have a door right there to haul stuff in. This motel, like all the fake "hotel" types, mean a much longer haul to get to your room, plus having to pass the locked exterior door first (not good when both arms full of crap from the car).

If you aren't passing out as you hit Joplin, perhaps just as well to pass by.

10 Thank thamnosma